News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[11.2] bug with bridges not allowing any traffic over them

Started by ӔO, July 26, 2013, 11:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

With this older save game, if the rail bridge at 555,674 is upgraded to the 200km/h 3000t concrete bridge and electrified properly, trains will either get stuck on the bridge with no route or try and route around it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17111233/client2-network.sve
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Hmm - this problem is not specific to this bridge, and is probably not specific to Experimental, since it occurs in code which, so far as a I am aware, is unchanged from Standard.

The problem is that, if one deletes an electrified bridge, the two slope tiles at each end of the bridge retain electrification. If a new bridge is built over these slope tiles, they appear to be electrified but, in fact, are not. One has to remove and replace electrification for this to work. I am not quite sure how to solve this, but at least it can be worked around for the time being.

I am moving this to the Standard bug reports board as I strongly suspect that this is equally a Standard bug, since the code in question is not specific to Experimental. If this has already been fixed in Standard, or cannot be reproduced there, then it should be moved back to the Experimental board (although if it has already been fixed, I should find it very useful to know when so that I can find and apply the fix).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ters

If I remove an electrified bridge in standard and rebuild it, it does not appear electrified, except at the ends (unless I removed the bridge by using the generic remove tool at one end, in which case the electrification at that end was removed before the bridge). Filling in the missing gap yields a fully electrified bridge as usual. For a bridge that is only two tiles long, there is not gap and the bridge works immediately.

Is there some very specific way the bridge has to be removed or built? Does it behave differently when the bridge is build between to electrified rail ends that has and has not previously been the start of a bridge?

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

Hmm, odd. May I ask: in Standard, when the slope tiles are electrified before the bridge is built, do those slope tiles appear electrified after it is built, or do they have to be electrified again on building?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Dwachs

they are still electrified after the bridge was built.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

whoami

Has anything been changed in the source to fix this? Earlier than this thread's start, I had seen this behaviour several times in a game of my own with Pak128; involved were bridge upgrades, electrification and track upgrades, a curve directly at the end of a bridge, and dragged signals. The solution was always to delete the bridge and the next few connected tiles.
I have not seen the problem in recent months. It seems that the current ST state (tested: r6949 with pak64) does not allow to upgrade a bridge.
If this bug has existed for longer, then the resulting invisible, inverted signal would be an explanation.