The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: [0.9] coal industry formation  (Read 1568 times)

Offline asaphxiix

[0.9] coal industry formation
« on: August 02, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »
creating a very large new game, 450 industries, I got a few power plants, but no coilleries... the same happens when I try again.

edit: interestingly, this doesn't occur with small games.

also, I see that industries are still often being concentrated on the edges - I wonder if it's intentional (it would be nice as simulation of outside map factories i.e. import/export).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:06:10 PM by asaphxiix »

Offline Jando

Re: [0.9] coal industry formation
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 10:36:42 PM »

also, I see that industries are still often being concentrated on the edges - I wonder if it's intentional (it would be nice as simulation of outside map factories i.e. import/export).

Can't comment on the collieries, what I see on many maps is that raw resource generators (i.e. farms, forests, clay pits, mines, etc.) are often on the very western and northern edges of the map, not on the eastern and southern ones though. Personally I don't like it, but have since found a map with no landmass at the western edge and only a very small one on the northern edge, thus the problem went away. :)

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: [0.9] coal industry formation
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 11:25:43 AM »
Hmm - in what year are you generating the map? Perhaps there are missing years for collieries.

I am not sure what is causing industries to appear near the edges of a map, however.