News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

crash!!!!

Started by nevlinton, August 08, 2013, 09:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevlinton

On executing the programme, an additional window opens with the following info:-

Use work dir C:\Program Files (x86)\Simutrans\
Reading low level config data ...
Simutrans version 112.3 from May 19 2013 r6520
parse_simuconf() at config/simuconf.tab: Reading simuconf.tab successful!
ERROR: obj_reader_t::read_file():       reading 'skin/ground.Outside.pak' failed
!
For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum:

http://forum.simutrans.com
Warning: obj_reader_t::load():  ground.Outside.pak not found, cannot guess tile
size! (driving on left will not work!)
ERROR: obj_reader_t::read_file():       reading 'skin/ground.Outside.pak' failed
!
For help with this error or to file a bug report please see the Simutrans forum:

http://forum.simutrans.com
Warning: obj_reader_t::load():  ground.Outside.pak not found, cannot guess tile
size! (driving on left will not work!)
Preparing display ...
Loading font 'font/prop.fnt'
font/prop.fnt successfully loaded as old format prop font!
Init done.

Game plays fine for approx 1-2 hours, then crashes.
Before the update, would run for days and days.
Please help!!!!

Ters

Sounds like you have not installed a pak set (correctly) after updating. How did you upgrade?

kierongreen

I suspect that pakset is a minor issue - that shouldn't cause a crash in itself. More likely to be a race condition in threading, double free or something like that maybe? Is there any particular action you are doing in the game which seems to sometimes cause a crash (say zooming in or out?).

prissi

I really suspect that the pak-folder is broken. Updating the whole installation (i.e. delete all pak folders and then start simutrans installer or download them again) should be the easiest way to test and fix it.

Ters

I now see that the game doesn't crash with those messages, but hours later. That opens up possibilities.

kierongreen

Also do you know which version you were using before update?