News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Tool-prices inconsistency.

Started by AvG, August 13, 2013, 09:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvG

James,
I noticed some inconsistencies in the tools for rail- and road-building.
The prices for new are given per km, but after building on ONE tile, you see a "flying" figure which is NOT the price from the toolbar, but also NOT 1/8 part.
The maintenancecost however is given per tile.
Can't imagine this is intentionally.
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. Does this happen with all rail and road types? Which is the price that is actually deducted from your account?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AvG

James,
Running EXP11.1
Started a small map in 1950.
Railway has 4 types of steel rail. They all have the problem of km-price instead of tile-price. The ratio km/tile however is different for all 4 types.
Whereever I look I see this problem.
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

Hmm - I can't see any problem here. I have just tested, laying 1km of each of the four types of railway track (8 tiles in Pak128.Britain-0.9.0), and each 1km stretch is correct for the prices given (450c, 750c, 900c and 1,350c) in the tooltip. The "Estimated cost" figure is also correct. The figures that briefly appear above each tile as it is constructed show the cost for that tile, which again is correct: 56.25c in the case of the 85lb/yard steel track, which is indeed 1/8th of its 1km (8 tile) cost of 450c.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

AvG

James,
Amazing!!!
Did the same thing like last night. Small new map in 1950. Laid the 4 types of rail and could, like your results, see no problem at all.
Also my main 1820 scenario does not have the problem anymore.
I will pay however attention to the matter.
I am not completely stupid; had the problem in my main game, checked the 1950 situation (used a calculator) and was 100% convinced.
Have no idea what was wrong!!!!
Apart from this silly situation everything seems to run well.
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

Do let me know if you have any further problems - glad that it is working for you now.