News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

[11.3] bugs, issues and stuff

Started by RedChico, August 11, 2013, 02:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedChico

Hi guys. First post.
So.... big file with screenshots, comments and save files when possible.
All done in 11.3 and stopped playing when the CTD depot bug when Class 370 first appears.

Save files and screenshots: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97511468/bugs%20and%20stuff.rar
Config file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97511468/simuconf.tab

settings (because i was having trouble in early years, circa 1800's and tried to correct odd passenger behavioring or lack of behavior):  ;D
- beginer mode ratio = 1.3
- walking= 1km
- passenger station range = 5 tiles
- industry station range = 4
- changed some tolerance and distances of travelling types (i'll attatch  the config file)

In conclusion:

- it appears that most bugs work after reload with no save file corruption (strange), lots of alignment issues
- just in time is corrupted
- mail is non existing
- passenger simulation is very strange, ppl walking more than allowed, in early years they don't want to travel, no route, etc...
- industry is messed up beýond recognition (placing, connection and lack of people-city-industry-cargo real relationships)
- passenger, mail need to be dynamic and not static as it is now in terms of generation, wantings and needs, to reflect UK history.

PS: BR class 8P after-preservation upgrade, GT3  ;D ... LMS Turbomotive,  please ;D

here's a 3D WIP of GT3 i'm working on... among other locos.  ;D

RedChico

Ignore the ghost train issue....  :o i was on public player mode....duhhh.

greenling

Hello RedChico
Please update your Simutrans Exp and your pak128.britain exp on Simutrans exp 11.4 and pak128.britain exp 0.9.0!
Your Simutrans exp and pak128.britain exp are not up to date.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

RedChico

I know, i was finishing my playing with the 11.3 with 0.90 pak when 11.4 came out so the bugs that i reported and are fixed in 11.4 will just stand as a confirmation of those fixed bugs... and i'm lazy too to take them out of the report. :P :-[

jamespetts

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for taking the time to post reports. Firstly, would you mind awfully in future posting one thread per bug? It does make it easier for developers to check off each bug one by one when it is fixed, and avoids discussion about one bug getting in the way of reading about another one.

Secondly, can I ask you to elaborate on your reports?

Quoteit appears that most bugs work after reload with no save file corruption (strange), lots of alignment issues

What do you mean here by "alignment issues"? What are the issues?

Quotejust in time is corrupted

What do you mean by "corrupted" here? What exactly is the nature of the problem, and in what conditions can it be reproduced?

Quotemail is non existing

What is your "passenger_factor" setting? Mail is produced at a rate of 4/400ths compared to 396/400ths for passengers, which is based on research as to the number of mail packets sent compared to the number of passengers. Are you seeing less than this amount?

Quotepassenger simulation is very strange, ppl walking more than allowed, in early years they don't want to travel, no route, etc...

Can you be more specific here? How far are people walking, and what do you mean by "allowed" here? What do you mean by "no route etc."?

Quoteindustry is messed up beýond recognition (placing, connection and lack of people-city-industry-cargo real relationships)

In what way is industry messed up? What is a "people-city-industry-cargo real relationship" such that it is lacking?

Quotepassenger, mail need to be dynamic and not static as it is now in terms of generation, wantings and needs, to reflect UK history.

What do you mean by "dynamic" and "static" here, and what do you mean by "wantings" and "needs"?

I should be very grateful if you can elaborate on these issues in a separate thread for each issue (I shall lock this thread for that reason). Also, can you check whether you can reproduce any of these in 11.4?

As to the 8P post-preservation upgrade, the class in Pak128.Britain-Ex is intended to reflect how it would have been if it had been built properly, which is more or less the same as in its post-preservation state.

Your GT3 is looking rather impressive! (I hope that you won't be too disappointed when you see how little of some of that fine detail is visible in a 128x128 render, however). Such contributions are definitely encouraged. Have you tried exporting the graphics yet? (Given that this thread is to be locked, I suggest that you reply on the Pak128.Britain forum - not the Experimental subforum, as new graphics/vehicles can be used in both Standard and Experimental).

Thank you again for your reports, and I shall look forward to the extra details requested.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

IgorEliezer

James, were you sure you wanted to lock the topic?  ???

It seems that you are waiting for him to post more details about the bug.

jamespetts

The idea behind locking the topic is to ensure that each bug is reported in a separate thread. Don't worry - I haven't gone completely mad quite yet!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

IgorEliezer

Good to hear. I thought that you had pressed a wrong button or moderation tool... I sometimes do it too.  ;D

Quote from: jamespetts on August 12, 2013, 10:39:31 AMDon't worry - I haven't gone completely mad quite yet!
I won't worry. I am sure it would take a long time to happen. :o