News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[11.5] New convoy spacing bug

Started by Carl, August 15, 2013, 09:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

A new bug has arisen related to convoy spacing, presumably as a result of the fix to the previous bug where convoys would not adopt their proper waiting time slot when another convoy on the same line is reversing at a station.

See the following save:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61716/convoyspacing.sve

Convoy (1270), on the 'London STP-Sheffield (Slow)' line, is approaching Derby from the south east. When it arrives in the reversing siding after Derby, its waiting time is set at 1 hour 55 mins, despite the fact that there is no other convoy on that line waiting in the siding. That is: it fails to occupy the next spacing slot.

This doesn't seem to happen all the time -- note that it doesn't happen with the 'Sheffield (fast)' convoys at the same siding -- so perhaps the cause here is that the last 'Sheffield (slow)' convoy had only left the siding a few minutes before the arrival of (1270). But since the previous convoy is well clear of the siding before (1270) arrives, this should not trigger a bump into the next spacing slot: (1270) should be due to wait 55 minutes, not 1 hour 55 minutes.

jamespetts

Thank you for this report. Can you double check whether this can be reproduced with 11.4? I can't immediately see how my fix in 11.5 could cause this, and it would be helpful in narrowing down the diagnosis.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

I've just tested the save in 11.4, and the bug seems not to arise -- the train's waiting time on arrival at the siding is set at 55 minutes, the correct value.

MCollett

Here is what appears to be a whole sequence of cases of the same bug:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Thetford_189000001_1891-11b.sve

The tram line 'Maltby Outer Circuit' has a timing stop at 'Maltby Cricket Ground', with a spacing of just under 6 minutes.  Each newly-arrived tram should wait for at most about 3 minutes before leaving.  But since upgrading to 11.5, they all wait for 8-9 minutes instead, that is, for the following timetable slot instead of the one they should be using.

Best wishes,
Matthew

jamespetts

Matthew - thank you for the upload, and Carl and Matthew thank you both for the report. I think that I have now found and fixed this on the 11.x branch.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

Thanks as ever James. Thank you also for the fixes you made on the reversing topic -- those all sound like very positive changes.