News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[11.29] Depot bug

Started by Sarlock, May 08, 2014, 06:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarlock

Unfortunately this is all I have to give you for this one, it doesn't give any more detail:

I did some replacing on some of my lines, so presumably it is related to that, but I have hundreds of ships queued for replacement so I have no idea which one that is referring to (or whether it's referring to multiple, the error keeps coming up).  I can't locate it with any of the filters or anything, so I have no clue to which ship(s) it refers.  The error continues to pop up every 15 seconds or so.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

jamespetts

Preliminary investigations show that this is occurring because the schedule has too many (>254) entries in it already. This occurs with convoy no. 8277. Quite how it got too many entries in the first place is currently unclear. Unfortunately, it is not easy to modify the code to allow the convoy name to be displayed in this dialogue box without breaking the translation texts. Does the convoy number assist you at all?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Sarlock

It does.  It also became easier after all of the other replacements occurred and I was left with just two ships that weren't upgrading.  I wasn't able to edit the schedules so I just deleted them and now the error message is gone.  Just why those two ships didn't replace but all the rest did on that line... who knows.  Thanks :)

jamespetts

Hmm - odd. With what were the schedules filled that they were 254 items long?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Sarlock

They were just part of the same line as the rest of the ships... with maybe 50 stops or so.  So I have no clue how they filled themselves up.  I wasn't able to look at the schedule as it said I wasn't able to open the schedule as it was changing.  Must've been caught in some kind of weird loop.

jamespetts

Junna

I remember in the past that attempting to send a vehicle to a depot and failing and then sending it again will accumulate depot orders in the schedule. Mayhap this was what happened here? It can accumulate quite a number - I remember seeing at least 20 or so for a train, and if the schedule is already long...?

jamespetts

Junna - ahh, interesting. Can you give steps to reproduce this specific issue?

Sarlock

I suspect that is what occurred... the replace comment does this automatically and perhaps it tried to add the depot to the schedule and then did it over and over and over again until the schedule filled up.  Fortunately it was only annoying and not game breaking.