News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Endless Coal Fired Power Stations......

Started by mgp104, August 15, 2013, 09:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgp104

Hi,
I started a new game using 11.0 (subsequently updated with every new release up to 11.5) and have been having a problem with the new industry creation feature.  I started the game just before Coal Fired Power Stations were available so none were generated at the start of the game.  I set "industry increase every" to 500 so a steady flow of industries has been being created.  However since Coal Fired Power Stations became available these power stations are the only industry being created.  I have also noticed that when you try to create a new Coal Fired Power Station no matter what number you put into the industry capability field the power station always has the same demand and power output.  I have uploaded a save game to https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoji76nlw68w6dd/11-1881-7.sve.  Does anybody know why the game only creates power stations?

jamespetts

May I ask - which pakset are you using?

If you are using Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.0, this is calibrated so that there will always be enough power stations to fulfil the map's demand for electricity. If you have a large map with lots of towns and industries, the availability of power stations (in the 1880s, I believe) may well start with quite a few being built, but it should settle after a while.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

mgp104

Yes I am using Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.0.  I had wondered whether the game was trying to make sure that power demand could be met.  Is there a way to build power stations with very high power generation to stop power stations being generated?

ӔO

you can bring up the build industry dialogue with open bracket key " ( ", or switch to public player and use industry builder in map editing tools at the top.

Just a word of warning. Both coal and oil fired power plants will consume enormous amounts of goods if they are given very high outputs.

It's probably better to build a bunch of gas fired power plants, as they don't consume anything. The only downside is that they do not produce much electricity.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart: