News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Simutrans Standard Settings Guide

Started by Drewthegreat87, August 23, 2013, 10:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewthegreat87

Hello,

I am just curious if there's a guide out there that describes the causes and effects of changing variables in the Simutrans Standard (112.3, Pak128 Britain 1.14) settings page. Some of the settings I can figure out and test, however others I'm not sure what a high number causes vs a low number. For example: Factory Spacing percentage: Does a lower number mean they'll be closer or farther? Another example is the goods/passenger multipliers: what is the baseline and what kind of effects would different numbers have on the baseline?

Again, if there's a detailed guide on what each setting does, I'd greatly appreciate it! Right now I'm just experimenting, but that can take time, haha!

Thanks in advance!

Fifty

These settings come directly from the simuconf.tab file in your Simutrans/config directory. Some of the settings are well explained there, and others are better explained here on the forum. If you have questions about a specific few settings please feel free to ask and I and others on the forum are usually happy to explain them better than the comments in the file.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?