News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Compiling Simutrans-Experimental with MSVS 2012

Started by Junna, September 06, 2013, 02:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

Trying to compile with 2012 gives me errors with loadsave.obj (bz2 related, I think). I use the libraries that came with the earlier instructions for how to compile, do I need to update?

jamespetts

I have split your post, as it was not directly related to the previous topic.

To deal with the substantive query: you might need to amend the project settings. Are you compiling in x64 or Win32?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Ahh, you need a new bzlib.lib file for x64, as well as different pthreads files. Try Win32 first to see whether you can compile with that, and, if you can, you will know that it is only x64-specific issues that are causing the problem.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Ah, it does work with w32. I reckon I lack the right x64 versions of bzlib (I already have an x64 pthreads, I think).

jamespetts

Yes, you do need an x64 version of bzlib to compile in x64. You might have to compile it yourself, though.