News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[11.10] Factory production cannot be set when plaing manually

Started by Sarlock, September 10, 2013, 06:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarlock

Interestingly, when I went to try this out I discovered that I could not change factory production with the public service place factory tool.  No matter what I put in the production box it would still use the default setting from the pakset.  Works in standard, so something in experimental must be overriding it.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I have split this from the other topic, as this appears to be a bug, which I shall look into when I get a chance.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Hmm, looking into this, the issue appears to be that the figure is reduced in line with the ticks per month and then extrapolated upwards again when the value is shown: this is essentially a rounding error. A sufficiently large change of value in the input dialogue should affect the factory's actual production.

Because I shall be changing the way in which these figures are handled on the passenger-generation branch, this is probably not economic to fix at this juncture.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Putting 9999 for a gas-fired power station when manually constructing it does not give you a consistent value. It will fluctuate between 500 and 1800MW. There is no way to go higher.

jamespetts

Sarlock

Might be related to the rounding issue.

I agree, make all of the updates and then we'll see how things perform.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics