News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Maximum speed signal

Started by SuperChuCu, September 11, 2013, 03:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperChuCu

:D Request a "Maximum speed signal" in this case!

SuperChuCu

In this case! I want the train entering the station under 70 and reduce to 35km/h,
I should rebuild the railway....

if I has a "Maximum speed signal",that I no need to rebuild ;D
after the train crossing the "Maximum speed signal" the train should running under the "[size=78%]Maximum speed signa"'s speed after and other [/size]
"Maximum speed signal"' or unlimited [/size][size=78%]speed signal[/size]

SuperChuCu

Now ,so many railway tool and different is the maximum speed only...

SuperChuCu

I hope the "Maximum speed signal" can be change the maximum speed in the game by player, likely the road traffic light ;D 

SuperChuCu

:police: :police: :police:
It is a one way singal

thank you~~*

Carl

I'd certainly find this useful, though I doubt it comes up very much for most people. At the moment the only way to do this is to have one track type for each desired speed limit. I would imagine it's a prohibitively large job to change this for relatively small benefit, however.

Sarlock

Indeed, I was going to suggest this as well: you can limit speed with track choice.  If your choices are too limited you can compile additional .pak versions of the same track with different speed limits.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

ӔO

I did suggest a speed limit sign that does both minimum and maximum and shows its limits awhile ago, but I think it is low coding priority.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

isidoro

AFAIK, signals put some restrictions at the entrance of a tile.  Therefore, it is difficult to keep that restriction in successive tiles.  The best option is the one pointed out before: change the track type.  It's bidirectional, though.

DirrrtyDirk

Also, please use the edit function of the forum, since double-posting is against the forum rules (new posts are only allowed within the the same thread - without other people having replied in between - after at least 24 hours have passed. And you did 5 posts within less than 20 minutes.)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****