News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Accessing other player's depot

Started by HDomos, September 19, 2013, 02:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDomos

One can easily go to another players depot and buy any vehicle and even assign them to any line...
It's in the recent nighties...

greenling

Hello HDomos
in your Photo it a damage with the evelated way too.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

HDomos

Dwachs

As long as the other is not password protected this is allowed now. You can anyway switch to act as this player and then access the depot.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

HDomos

I didn't know that... It is just strange. It happened to me that i forgot to switch players and made a train, made a new line for it, but I couldn't add stations to it and then i realized that i am with the wrong player :D

Dwachs

It was changed recently due to a crash that happened if more than two depot windows were open when player tried to switch to another company.

I agree with you that the old behavior should be reimplemented (only open depots of active players)

prissi

As one is allowed to view other stations, shouldn't one be allowed to view other peoples depot?

But if the majority is for closing, I can restore this again easily.

Ters

Quote from: prissi on September 19, 2013, 08:16:55 PM
As one is allowed to view other stations, shouldn't one be allowed to view other peoples depot?

Stations are open to the public, depots are not. Station windows only provide information, depots primarily contain actions affecting the operations of the owning company. So depot windows are more comparable to vehicle windows, which I believe should be openable for other players (as I believe they are), but with limited functionality (no actions except follow, and perhaps not even statistics).

HDomos

Quote from: Ters on September 20, 2013, 04:44:23 AM
Stations are open to the public, depots are not. Station windows only provide information, depots primarily contain actions affecting the operations of the owning company. So depot windows are more comparable to vehicle windows, which I believe should be openable for other players (as I believe they are), but with limited functionality (no actions except follow, and perhaps not even statistics).

I agree with you on the depot widows. They could be openable by anyone, but just for viewing, not with the ability to buy/sell vehicles nor assign them to lines and start them.

Ters

Quote from: HDomos on September 20, 2013, 12:28:20 PM
I agree with you on the depot widows. They could be openable by anyone, but just for viewing, not with the ability to buy/sell vehicles nor assign them to lines and start them.

What's to see? I guess one could see (if I had played multiplayer games) that I've stashed away a bunch of mothballed, even obsolete, vehicles in a few of my depots, but is that so interesting? It's not a secret, I've written about it before.

prissi

I found it more consistent that you can open a depot, i.e. the mouse click is not ignored. But open a depot and graying out (or even not adding) all buttons would be fine?

Ters

It shouldn't be too hurtful to gameplay seeing the contents of other players' depots, or rather that other players can see yours. I guess they can spy my hoards through the windows.

Vladki

I'm not sure if this is related but I get Segfault when I click on some depots. It does not matter if I'm switched to the player that owns the dopot or not. This is the output after crash. (r6767)

Message: karte_t::interactive_event(event_t &ev):       calling a tool
Message: depot_frame_t::depot_frame_t():        get_max_convoi_length()=4
Message: depot_frame_t::build_vehicle_lists():  finally 18 passenger vehicle, 19  engines, 14 good wagons
Segmentation fault

Savegame is here: https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/bughunt/ (pak128.britain)
To repeat the bug click on the road depot in Marygreen. I belongs to green company (meyer moving). Clicking the rail depot in Marygreen is OK. I tried to bulldoze the depot and build it again, but it crashes also on the new depot.

Dwachs

greenling

Hello Dwachs
it´s Posible that i in 6769 can view on what for vehicles by another player in depot do parking?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!