News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Issues with 64-bit

Started by Junna, October 07, 2013, 10:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

I still cannot get the x64 version to work. It comes up with the same error as before despite the included files in the latest release. ("It was not possible to execute the program (0xc000007b)").

jamespetts

Have you installed the 64-bit executable for the MSVS 2012 redistributable?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Not sure what exactly you mean - I'm not sure.

I can compile the x64 version, too, but I cannot execute those any more than the official builds.

If I don't, where do I get it?

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

jamespetts

One thing that you might need to do is to delete msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll from your simutrans directory: these might very well be 32-bit versions that are interfering with the application's ability to find the 64-bit versions that you have just installed.

Junna

It does not seem to help. The error message remains the same.

jamespetts

Hmm - can you try downloading this application to try to diagnose the problem?

Junna

That gives:

"Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module."

"IESHIMS.DLL could not be found",

and then the other errors related to
MSVCP110, MSVCR110, KERNEL32 and IEFRAME.dll.

jamespetts

Can you tell me the details about the errors for MSVCP110 and MSVCR110?

Edit: Actually, even better, could you upload a screenshot?

Junna

Both of them looks more or less the same:

jamespetts

Hmm, the x64 ones are highlighted in red. Are you sure that you ran this on simutrans-experimental-x64.exe and not the 32-bit version?

Edit: Also, I notice that it lists "d:\simutrans experimental\MSVCR110.dll as a 32-bit file: you need to delete this, as in the previous instructions, to allow it to use the 64-bit file from the redistributable package that you downloaded.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on October 08, 2013, 10:32:20 PM
Hmm, the x64 ones are highlighted in red. Are you sure that you ran this on simutrans-experimental-x64.exe and not the 32-bit version?

Edit: Also, I notice that it lists "d:\simutrans experimental\MSVCR110.dll as a 32-bit file: you need to delete this, as in the previous instructions, to allow it to use the 64-bit file from the redistributable package that you downloaded.

Yes, it is on the 64- However, it did not properly recognise those files after I had installed the redistributable.

Repairing the install on the redist however, does appear to make the game boot with the 64-bit exe.

jamespetts

Hmm - it's curious as to why repairing the install would work when the initial installation did not. The important thing, however, is to delete the files in the ~\simutrans directory, which will usually be 32-bit files.