News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Half-height: Extend limits for climate zones

Started by Sarlock, October 14, 2013, 07:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarlock

Wasn't sure if this should go in to bug reports or not, but I put it here.  Move it elsewhere if desired, it's not really a bug but more of a thing that needs implementing before an official release:

While testing various aspects of the half-height addition to the game I realized that I could not expand the climate zones and snow level beyond 24.  This, of course, was just fine for the regular version but with half heights you can now reach a height of 32.  I'm hoping it's as easy as just extending the limits in the landscape setting option buttons.  It should also extend to -20 in the opposite direction as well as this is how deep you can make water now.

And I just want to say that this half-height patch is truly AMAZING.  What an incredible addition to the game.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

kierongreen

Climates and snow level are actually defined in terms of height above sea level - so should actually have a minimum of sea level (or actually sea level - 5 to allow for land below sea level as well as snow going right down to water level) and a maximum of 32-grundwasser (given grundwasser can be as low as -20 this might actually need to be as high as 52).

So should we change the numbers displayed on the climates screen to be z coordinates rather than height above sea level?

prissi

The number on the screen should rather represent sea level at zero and ignore rotation. That was consent of a recent (and longstanding) extension request.