News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Water level different values in dialogs

Started by HDomos, October 15, 2013, 11:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDomos

On new map making, i noticed a strange thing. The weather settings (translated from hungarian) are accessible in two different dialogs. One is through the settings button in a tab and one is a dedicated button. The strange is that with the dedicated dialog i can set the water level to -20 while through the settings tab the minimum is -10 ???

Sarlock

Thanks for the report and for testing out the half heights!

This can probably be merged with this thread as they pertain to the same settings.

I imagine we'll find lots of little things with the half heights, it's such a major release.

I was thinking about the impact to ground_objects.  I haven't explored to see if this was addressed or not... but ground_object does have the capability to have slope-specific graphics and now there is many more slopes to consider...
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

HDomos

I didn't realized that that bug report was about the same dialog... It should be merged then... Anyway, I experimented a bit with the dedicated climate dialog and found some strangenesses (don't know if bug or feature):

• If I set the mountain height to <100 i can set the roughness to max 10
  • If I set the roughness to <=1 i can set the mountain height to max 1000
  • Between the two endpoints it goes by 100/step
Howewer if I open the settings>climate it has the normal limits

More strange, that after I played with the dedicated dialog and closed then reopened the game, opened the settings>climate page the mountain height and roughness max values changed: max mountain height:500 and max roughness:1 ??? (in the dedicated dialog it still works like i described upper)

If I again play with the values in the dedicated dialog and close-reopen the settings>climate the max values are synced with the dedicated dialog's state ???

PS: I really like the half height patch, it adds a of possibilities ;)

kierongreen

The link between height and roughness (that you can't have high roughness and high height) is intended. That's because high roughness and high height generates maps which are impossible to play. So it's the settings->climate dialogue that hasn't been properly updated.

prissi

The setting climate dialogue is accessing the raw data. This is fiddling with the internals and hence there are no checks. This is fully intended this way (especially also for debugging and so on).