News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Half Height and Climates

Started by Andyh, October 20, 2013, 05:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyh

I just returned to Simutrans after an interval of about a year.  I downloaded the latest nightly (r6825) and was delighted to discover from the history file that it now incorporated Kierongreen's excellent half height and climates functionality.  However, when I ran the game with pak 128 I couldn't see the half height slope tiles or the climate tiles.  Are there some additional pak objects that I need to load in order to use these?
Thanks
Andrew

kierongreen

Yes - you'll need the half height version of pak128 at http://sourceforge.net/p/simutrans/code/HEAD/tree/pak128.newlandscape/

I'm don't think there are any pre-compiled versions of this yet though so you'll have to do that yourself.

Andyh

Sarlock

It's still a test version.  Not everything is fully converted yet but it's fairly functional now... let us know if you discover any graphical issues.  :)
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

kierongreen

It should be noted that nightly simutrans is very much a test version at the moment! With all the features added over the last few months there may be various problems ;)

Andyh

So is there a way of compiling all the paks in the pakset programatically, or do I have to create each .pak file separately using makeobject?

An_dz

There's a bat and python file in root folder for such.

Sarlock

Indeed, running pak128.bat should take care of everything for you.

Andyh

Thanks.  I'll give it a try tonight.

Andyh

OK.  Similar sort of dumb question: presumably there's a way of downloading all the files in the 'pak128.newlandscape' folder simultaneously?  I don't have to download each file separately do I?

Sarlock

I use Slik SVN to download and update.

It's a command line program, which depending on your level of computing knowledge may be a bit more challenging to operate.

Use the command:

svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/simutrans/code/pak128.newlandscape

To download the files.  You can also use this to update and changes/additions.

I'm sure others with more experience with SVN have much better recommendations but this at least worked for me and it was fairly simple.  I could be way off base :)

You could also use the Download Snapshot at Sourceforge but you will get all of the paksets this way.

Andyh

Thanks Sarlock, I'll give it a try.  BTW: I suppose that "checkout" in this context is not going to prevent the 'real' developers from accessing the files is it?  I'd hate to inadvertently lock up the folder.

kierongreen

No it will not lock the folder.

Fabio

TortoiseSVN is a valid alternative with GUI and shell integration.

Andyh

OK.  I finally got Tortoise SVN, downloaded the newlandscape pak128 and compiled the pak.  It compiled, but Simutrans would not run due to various missing files: 'ClimateTextures', 'sidewalks', 'slopetrans', shoretrans'.  Probably others, but I stopped at this point. 

It looks to me as though the 'grounds' subfolder of 'landscapes' did not compile.  Any ideas why not?  I'm using makeobject 5.2.

Thanks

Fabio

You must compile using a new makeobj version such as you can download here: link

greenling

Hello Andyh
This pak128 must you than rename in pak128 halfhigh.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Quote from: Andyh on November 16, 2013, 04:52:50 PM
I renamed the pak "pak 128 halfhigh" as per Greenling's instructions.
There should be no need of that.

Quote from: Andyh on November 16, 2013, 04:52:50 PMhowever, the slope controls do not work and there are some graphical issues with sloped terrain (i.e. with the slopes as created with the initial map), and with roads on sloped terrain.
Could you be more specific and/or post some screenshot?

Andyh

Hi Fabio:  sorry, my bad, I had some old files left in my pak from earlier experimentation. When I removed those files things seem to work OK with the slopes (although I'll continue to test).  I've removed my post to avoid sowing even more confusion.

greenling

Hello Andyh
I have Remark that paksets they have a half high system can not more load gamesave they was make in the age with
makeobj 55-2 and older.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!