News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Odd timing bugs in my game

Started by Jando, November 26, 2013, 12:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

I recently upgraded to Experimental 11.3. I have no idea whether that is in any way the reason why I see strange bugs with travel times, oddly enough mostly (only?) when using trains. It's the travel time displayed in the details of the station window.

Here's an example:

20 kms in 2 minutes. :) That's about 600 km/h and it's 1875. That is after I fast-forwarded the game for 2 or 3 months. When I first noticed that my passengers took strange routes it was instant travel, travel time displayed was 0:00 minutes. The reverse travel time, i.e. to the station in the screenshot is 14 minutes.

Other routes (but not all) have strange travel times as well. Both new-ish stations and stations that are on the map since a few years are affected. Displayed travel times can be lower or higher than the real travel time.

I assume these times are used for route-finding, thus this would explain why I see passengers taking odd routes?

Thanks.

jamespetts

Can you upload a saved game in which this issue can be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Hello James, done: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Problem.sve

That's a save where you see a travel time of 0:00 at Spelstone Station.

jamespetts

Thank you - will look into this when I get a chance. Have been very busy this week.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Hmm - I cannot download this saved game either, I am afraid. Would you mind re-uploading it?

Jando

Ah, looks like uploaded files without account only stay for 1 day now on Simutrans Germany, will find a way. :)

jamespetts

I think that creating an account is free...?

Jando

Hello James. Good day!

Here's a saved game: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Bugreport1215.sve

At Spelstone Station I get travel times of 0:00 minutes, here's a screenshot:

jamespetts

Thank you very much for that - that is most helpful. I think that I have managed to fix this on the 11.x branch, albeit the existing incorrect timings will persist for a while until they become stale - but no new incorrect timings should be added.