News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[r6947] signal dragging bug on diagonals

Started by whoami, December 02, 2013, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

On diagonal tracks, the signal dragging causes some problems.
Case 1: diagonal track pointing towards the player. Drag signals with distance 2 (default) towards yourself: result OK. Now repeat, starting and ending on the same tiles as in the first action (or end dragging on another tile with a signal placed in the step before): the last signal becomes invisible and points into the opposite direction. Quite an obstacle for trains and then for the player, because it remains invisible unless save+reload ist used.
Case 2: diagonal track parallel to the lower screen edge (assuming that you have a rectangular screen not standing on a corner :D ), drag twice (EDIT: from left to right) as in case 1. Result: the last signal will become bidirectional. Harmless and obvious, but still not correct, possibly with the same reason as in case 1.
EDIT: dragging into the opposite direction in either case will swap the results.

On straight tracks, I cannot see this problem.
Found with Pak128.Britain r1338, reproduced with Pak64 r1336.

EDIT: maybe caused by the fix for: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12892.0

Dwachs

Should be fixed in r6967. This bug is completely unrelated to the other bug report. In fact, this bug has been around since the advent of dragging for signals (~ 3 years ago, r3829).
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

whoami

Oh, thanks.
I started using the dragging of signals quite late, changing my building habits slowly. Still funny that I stumbled over this so late.

whoami

Case 1 appears to be solved. Case 2 still occurs: the last signal will become bidirectional on diagonal track if any dragging action ends on a tile where a signal will be placed. The player may need to fix it manually.

Dwachs

Please try 6983. Both cases were particular instances of one and the same bug.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.