News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[6964] Automatic bridge building failure

Started by Václav, December 07, 2013, 07:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

And I found, too, that automatic bridge building fails, if it should be built over any else way. Then only one way of building of bridges is drag and drop.

For example, I have two ends of railway - on the same level, and on level below I have canal. If I want to build that bridge automatically, with only clicking with bridge cursor on chosen end of railway, nothing happen - with alert that bridge has to begin on way.

But with using drag and drop, bridge is built as it should be.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

whoami

Was that different at some time ago? The explanastion is that the bridge builder checks the next way tile in the single direction (given by the starting tile), finds that it is not suitable for terminating the bridge, and does not check any further tiles. That sounds like an intended behaviour. EDIT: but if the level is different, then the check should not apply.

I think I found a related bug (with Pak128.Britain): build a road and build, orthogonal to the former, two pieces of rail track on either side, pointing to each other. Now try to build the rail bridge with single click: the rail bridge's end is put on the road and not on the opposing track, and the graphics look strange.

prissi

whoami

Yes, these are fixed, according to my tests.