News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Choose signs: vehicles get stuck for no reason?

Started by wlindley, September 14, 2013, 04:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wlindley

Any clue why all the wagons are "waiting for clearance" when there is nothing in front of them, at the choose signs at Cornigham Fishing Dock and also at Corningham Brewery Stop, in this game? game and pack (pak128.Britain-Ex): both latest from git.

Changing the directions of the choose signals a few times, eventually releases all the vehicles, but then after a while they all get hung up again.

jamespetts

The description sounds like a bug - will have to investigate presently. Thank you for the report!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

Ah, it seems at least one of the routes took the wagons through an intermediate choose sign (old and hidden behind a building).  Once a wagon reaches the second choose sign, it seems to become confused and stuck.  Not so bad but a possible irritation/blocking-exploit for multiplayer.

jamespetts

Ahh, I see. Is this behaviour unique to Experimental, does anyone know?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

pwhk

I think I also got this earlier today, but unfortunately I carelessly overwrote that file...

My roads arrangement is like this:

C  R
CRXR
  BR
  R
R

Where C is cargo bay, B is road sign, X is road sign overlapped with a bus stop, and R is a main road. Everything except the bus stop belongs to public service, where the bus stop belongs to the only player (that's me :) )

It works normally in practically all times, but one day two trucks from both sides of main road were simply stuck in front of each of the road signs, while there is no convoys but goods in the cargo bays. Apparently this caused heavy congestion on the main road...

I have no idea why it happens. Maybe two convoys arrived at the signs at precisely the same time and don't know which one should go first??

jamespetts

Does anyone know whether this behaviour is unique to Experimental?

pwhk

In fact, I tried to create a save, just to found that it become normal when loading the file.

jamespetts

I should add that a bug that would cause vehicles to become stuck at choose signals in some instances was fixed in 11.15. Can anyone confirm whether this issue is now fixed or still recurs in 11.15?

jamespetts

Until I hear to the contrary, I shall assume that this has now been fixed.