News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[11.13] Next Simulation bugs

Started by Teokryt, December 30, 2013, 11:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teokryt

After few days of play simutrans I noticed "new bugs" (at PAK64)

- sometime trams beahave crazy. They return to Depot after  ride whole route, but in main timetable is Depot Point.  To repiair this I must delete whole line timetable, rmeove line and create new.
- On specific  map rotation some industry do not work.
- Pandemia of "garbage incinerator" with not ocnnected to any "city dump" - after few years simulation I have over 30 unuseful "garbage incinerators"
- Cities have large urban sprawl - I can't keep up to build transportation infrastructure.
- Cities consuming all energy generated in power plants. For example, power plant generate about 350MW but medium city with 30000 inhabitans consume over 1GW! In this situation I can't use electricity to boot production in factories.

Now I play more for check new bugs and collect many savefiles to analyze.

jamespetts

Thank you very much for your reports. However, I should be grateful if you could post each bug report as a separate thread, as doing so makes it much easier to track each issue and check whether it is resolved.

For each bug, I should be very grateful if you could include one or both of: (1) a precise set of steps that will reliably reproduce the bug; or (preferably) (2) a saved game in which the bug is present, together with instructions on precisely where to find it. This is important, as I need to be able to reproduce exactly the conditions in which the issues are occurring in order to find the source of the problem. This is especially so as the issues that you have reported are not ones that have been spotted before, with the result that they might very well occur only in particular circumstances.

Also, I will need to know the particular version of Pak64 that you are using. I should note that some of the issues described here may well be related to the way in which the pakset is set up (not with Experimental in mind). The last issue in particular (not having enough power stations to supply both cities and industry) is likely to be related to the "electricity_promille" setting in simuconf.tab, which, if it is less than 1000, will not provide enough power stations to supply all demand. The default for Pak64 is, I think, 333, which to my mind is unrealistic, but it is thought by the Standard developers that this makes the game more challenging. Likewise, the urban sprawl is related to settings in simuconf.tab.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Teokryt

Quoteissues that you have reported are not ones that have been spotted before, with the result that they might very well occur only in particular circumstances.

So... where is "debbuger" log? App crash instantly without any message. Last posted save (in this topic) crashing game instantly after 1 June1913 11:00am

Hmm, *.tab configuration - can I change it manual and will do effect on saved games?

Jando

I can't comment on the other issues - and have no idea how Pak64 plays with Experimental - however, I see the same issues with power generation in my games. (Experimental with included Pak128.Britain 0.9 I think it is, no add-ons).

All power generators alternate between different (far too high) values every half second or so, with demands above 1 million MW shown. In city information screen the city's demand as shown in the graphs is always 500-1000 times higher than the supply. The static power demand shown in the city information screen seems to have no relation to actual demand.

jamespetts

QuoteSo... where is "debbuger" log? App crash instantly without any message. Last posted save (in this topic) crashing game instantly after 1 June1913 11:00am

The release versions that are available for download are compiled without debug symbols: I tend to prefer to recreate the bug on my own system running with an attached debugger than try to work from logs.

QuoteHmm, *.tab configuration - can I change it manual and will do effect on saved games?

You can change this manually. There are two instances of simuconf.tab: one in ~/simutrans/config and one in ~/simutrans/pakset/config. Any settings in the pakset simuconf.tab will override any like settings in the global simuconf.tab.

Changing settings in simuconf.tab will not affect any existing saved games. There is, however, an advanced settings dialogue box in which most (but not all) settings from simuconf.tab can be changed. In Pak128.Britain-Ex, this is accessed by pressing the "i" key, but this key binding is pakset dependent, and I do not know what, if any, key can be used to access this dialogue in Pak64 (you might try asking in the Pak64 forum).

QuoteAll power generators alternate between different (far too high) values every half second or so, with demands above 1 million MW shown. In city information screen the city's demand as shown in the graphs is always 500-1000 times higher than the supply. The static power demand shown in the city information screen seems to have no relation to actual demand.

This is a known bug which I think that I have already fixed in my 11.x branch - thank you for the report, however!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Teokryt

Why I will see debuger/logger? Because then I can send you my steps before something goes wrong. I may be helpful for check crash exploit and find source of it (simulator, pakset, dll, hardware, other). Of course, many information will be for me before reporting bugs.

By the way, what you thing about reshape grapfical interface? Of course is pak-depend but some GUI elements are too small or too large...

jamespetts

Quote from: Teokryt on December 30, 2013, 08:49:46 PM
By the way, what you thing about reshape grapfical interface? Of course is pak-depend but some GUI elements are too small or too large...

I have not had a chance to explore the details, but there is much to be said for updating the Simutrans GUI. It will, however, entail a great deal of work merging it into Experimental.