News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Tram overload

Started by Teokryt, January 13, 2014, 10:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teokryt

I have tram lines but they overload and stuck. is not possible to use more trams and pax demand rise. On some stops I have large overload (100k pax). I cant  solve this situation. Buses stuck in traffic jams, trams stops.

prissi

Then the time had come to either build monorails (on top of the strret, whcih could run the same lines) or a subway ...

Or some buses directly linking the most congested stops to the next interchange. Or split the line into two.

Teokryt

Monorails... but problem is with size stop. Subway? How to build subways :]

Splitting tram line into two lines not solve overload trams. I think that city population density is too high :/. At 2020 I have only JumboCruisier but but generate high costs.

Ters

100000 passengers will take a very long time to get out of there no matter what mode of transportation you choose, as long as new passengers keep arriving at the same rate. The solution might be to redesign the network a bit so that some of the passengers currently passing through the stop can use a different route.

Teokryt

100 000 pax... and arriv more and more. City network work at full efficient but arriving from other networks overload local  transportation interchange. Now I will try with monorail but when monorail overload?

Ters

You need multiple interchanges.

Teokryt

Too small free place 4x4 area filled  by stops, roads, tracks. roads and trams  pass underground and overground.

Ters

I don't believe there is no free place around a city attracting that many passengers. If so, you've done something completely wrong and need to start over.

Teokryt

Too density city. I control city develop to maximize passenger generation :/ Now city revenge to me...

Ters

If you built the stuff, you can destroy it to make room as well.

AP

Sometimes you may find you have a lot of passengers trying to make a short hop e.g. between two rail termini.

In a case like that, you might consider combining the two stations together, so they are one for routeing purposes. E.g. straddle an underground station between the two. You may have to demoligh one set of platforms and rebuild after to get one of the stations to vanish.