News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

I never get any passengers waiting

Started by mkg, January 21, 2009, 12:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkg

Hi all - new simutrans player here. Nice game!

Been playing around with simutrans for a couple of days. I've got bus passenger networks working nicely and trucks between factories. But I must be doing something wrong with passenger trains because I never get any passengers waiting. How do I do this?

I've read through the starter guide.

I'm using 99-17-1 and pak64 on windows xp

Regards

mkg

Mod note: "Hi and noob question" is not an useful topic title. It may make the people ignore or not to find your topic. Please, follow [Guidelines] How to post a Help Request and read our forum guidelines.
-IgorTekton

Zeno

Hi mkg, and welcome.
You should take a look at this page, as it explains lots of things, and there are lots of tips and examples very useful to simutrans newbies.

mkg

Thanks for the link. It helped me figure out that I was putting a bus stop near the railway station rather than actually on the station tiles which would make it the railway station's own stop. So now I get passengers.

But now I realise that my layout doesn't permit me to expand the station sufficiently to accomodate trains long enought to be economically viable so I have to demolish and rebuild. Oops - all part of learning I supose:)

This is a seriously addictive game!