News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Problem with subways

Started by zook2, February 22, 2014, 05:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

My trains (CLR 1900 with three cars) refuse to enter the tunnel tile. They reach a waypoint one tile before the tunnel, but after that they can't find a route. It's a proper Tube Tunnel, 4th Rail Electrification present, the tunnel inside is at the same height. A different train type doesn't work either. It worked in other cities, so I must be doing something wrong here, but what?

jamespetts

Difficult to judge without a saved game, I am afraid. I cannot see any obvious problem on the face of it.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Sarlock

If you can provide a saved game, I'd be happy to take a look.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Junna

Try deelectrifying and relectrifying the tunnel entrance tile. It used to be a problem in the past that transition tiles (tunnel openings and bridge abutments) would get the incorrect electrification designation (i.e., 'electrified' rather than 'fourth rail'), which would prevent accurate working. I think this has not been a problem for some time, but it could have resurfaced for some reason?

zook2

Quote from: Junna on February 23, 2014, 12:46:11 AM
Try deelectrifying and relectrifying the tunnel entrance tile. It used to be a problem in the past that transition tiles (tunnel openings and bridge abutments) would get the incorrect electrification designation (i.e., 'electrified' rather than 'fourth rail'), which would prevent accurate working. I think this has not been a problem for some time, but it could have resurfaced for some reason?
That was it. I electrified the first tiles of track before placing the tunnel.

(Hey, I found a *reproducible* bug!)

jamespetts

Thank you very much for your report - found and fixed on the 11.x branch.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.