News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[11.17] Game constantly crashing

Started by killwater, January 26, 2014, 03:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I'm afraid that my virus checker blocks that page - can you upload this to http://files.simutrans-germany.org?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Thank you for that - I cannot reproduce this, however. To check - do you get the crash if you load the game, fast-forward and do not edit the map at all?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Very odd. Is anybody else getting this?

killwater

I deleted all convoys stops and lines and it is still crashing. Reading last autosave also end in crash. I am running 64Bit.

jamespetts

killwater

Gives me an error:
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

jamespetts

This looks like a .dll issue. Have you installed the Microsoft redistributable packages for MSVS 2012 and 2010 for both 32- and 64-bit?

killwater

I didn't have 2010 for 32 bit. It went through the end of the month at 32bit but still crashing at 64bit.

jamespetts

Does it crash at the end of the month on all maps for you, or just that one?

Edit: Incidentally is it 0.9.1 or 0.9.0 that you are using?

killwater

It started crashing after some time playing. I downloaded the ready-to-go version. Freshly started game seem to be ok after a year.

jamespetts

When you refer to a "ready-to-go" version, do I infer correctly that you had compiled the previous version yourself?

jamespetts

Ahh, I see. Strange that it had problems before; I suspect .dll issues.

killwater

It still crashes. I mean 64bit is crashing 32bit never did. So new .dll did not helped. It just allowed me to run 32bit version.

jamespetts

Ahh, but the .dll files are not the same for the 32-bit and 64-bit version, so that does not rule out .dlls as the cause.