News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Where is "no route"?

Started by micslu, January 23, 2009, 01:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micslu

Hi, perhaps this belongs in discussion.

Where are the unfortunate "no route" passengers at stations/stops trying to get to? I'm just curious.

* Somewhere specifically on the map not covered by a station/stop?

* Some station/stop that is not served by direct connection? Or needs more than x number of connections?

* Something more arbitary and random?

In my small world most buildings are covered by a station and/or bus/tram stops with running train/bus/tram.
So the passengers should be able to get to most, if not all, places with at most 3 connections.
Yet I have stops where there are more than 100 waiting - are they waiting for Godot? (I guess this would work in SimCity  ;))
How can I make money off them by transporting them???

Combuijs

QuoteSomewhere specifically on the map not covered by a station/stop?

Exactly. Passenger travel to another citybuilding, attraction or factory.

Direct connection is not necessary, and it's certainly not random.

You are sure that everything is connected correctly? Didn't you forget factories or attractions?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

micslu

Thanks. But all factories/tourist attractions have stations/stops with train/bus service.
I also have hundreds of bus lines so practically all buildings are covered by station/stops,
adding more stops and tweaking bus routes so new developments get served.
Yet many of my stops have over 30 "no routes" each, some stops going over 100. So I'm curious  ???
(v99.18-1727 + Pak128)

Combuijs

That leaves the question, is ultimately everything connected to everything? Maybe there is an overlooked gap in the connections? Other possibility: there is a limit to the number of transfers that a passenger will accept. Look in your simuconf.tab (with for instance notepad) to see and play with values for max_route_steps and max_hops (nearly at the beginning of the file). The comments there are very helpful.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

micslu

Thanks so much. I'll try looking into the tab, something I've never touched yet.
(It will have to be next week)
Best regards.