News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Player Roads within City Boundaries

Started by Sarlock, February 14, 2014, 01:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarlock

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere and I have not seen it.  I have noticed with the online game that there are many instances of player roads that were built some years ago and the cities have since grown over those areas and they are well within city limits yet the city has not adopted those roads as their own and they still remain privately owned.  This poses some challenges when wanting to put canal systems through urban areas and, later, setting up rail networks.

@6000,1700:  This road was built near the beginning of the game and was just an empty rural area at the time.  The two cities have since crept over this area and taken it over yet the roads still remain privately owned.  This is the case for roads all over the area.

Wasn't sure if this was a "bug" or something that has been addressed and not operating as intended.  Move to bugs if required.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

jamespetts

Hmm - this does not seem correct, as the towns ought to have adopted these.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ӔO

when the city expands and upgrades the road, it doesn't bother to pave a new public road when the road is the same or better than the current city road.

they will be overwritten as public only when the city road is better than the previous player owned road.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Sarlock

Gotcha.  Which for our purposes will happen in 1781 to cobblestone and then not again until tarmac in 1911.  I was under the impression that in Experimental it should happen right away.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

jamespetts

I thought that I had modified this to upgrade the road whenever an adjoining building was upgraded. I will have to look into this further, perhaps in conjunction with the public rights of way.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.