News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

New Way Graphics

Started by kierongreen, July 14, 2012, 08:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Whilst you are doing the road bridges, could you look into eliminating the cyan coloured pixels that interfere with the asphalt type road textures?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kierongreen

I'd actually already done those bridges.... Anyway, removed the "cyan" (I'd say they were a lot darker myself, they've been there from the beginning to try and add a bit more life to the texture I think) pixels I think you were referring to, and made the road markings tile better at the same time. Still not entirely happy with the concrete elevated road pavements and railings but maybe will revisit them another day.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

ӔO

There should actually be a city road graphic version for the concrete elevated.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

The Hood

Just checking progress here, especially on canal half height images? I think this is the only part of the pak not fully ready for half-heights now?

jamespetts

There are a full set of canal half height images, are there not? I have had a working development version of Pak128.Britain-Ex (based on the Standard Pak128.Britain in the Github repository) for some months now in which the half height system is working well, including canals.

The Hood

I can see half height graphics for canals but not the aqueducts. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

jamespetts

Ahh, perhaps we are missing the aqueducts. I had not spotted that, but testing shows that these do not appear to be fully half-height compatible. Well spotted.

kierongreen

Aquaducts and some road bridges do not have half height images. Blender hasn't been working on my computer for over half a year now so I've been unable to finish these.

The Hood

OK. I can take a look at these myself once I finish the new industry graphics, or would you rather complete it yourself? I'm keen to get the whole pak fully compatible with half heights, although for some reason we've still not had an official release of the exe since half heights got included (last one is May last year) - and we can't release an official new version of the pakset until that happens. Does anyone know when we are actually getting the next official exe release?

kierongreen

If someone has the enthusiasm to get it finished I'm fine with that - it's pretty soul destroying stuff getting the bridges working when there's so many of them!

Edit:
Regarding official release, some people have niggles they aren't happy with I think. Plus it really needs paksets to be ready (chicken and egg!).

The Hood

I'm quite keen to get a release out, so in the interests of getting a pakset fully compatible with half heights I will do that next after I finish the industries - just a couple to go now.

kierongreen

Excellent thank you very much :)

greenling

Hello on All
I have a little Problem!
It be planed to make those new brigdes for tilehigh from 16 to?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

The Hood

Just adding the remaining road and canal bridges to SVN. If I've not missed anything I think that makes us 100% half-height ready! :)

kierongreen

jamespetts

kierongreen

Looks good - there's a few (very minor) graphical glitches but nothing that should stop a release :)