News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

11.22 - Reverse order bug?

Started by Ves, March 18, 2014, 10:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

Hi again there.. I think I got a bug   :)

A train reaches a terminal and are about to reverse in the other direction:

When an engine is bidirectional, it will move itself to the other end of the convoy, no problem there.
When two (or more) engines are coupled together, the entire 'engineblock' will go to the other end of the convoy AND they all shift orders, so it is the same sequence of engines that leads the convoy both way.
This would in real life mean that all locos would be decoupled from each other, and all of them make roundabouts around each other and then coupled again in the other end of the convoy. Maybe not entirely realistic (I dont know), but it usualy creates no problems in the game.

The problem have is when you have multiple engines that cannot be separated and therefore should behave like one single engine. This screenshoot illustrates this very well:

The engines are constrained to each other, and the second part have "can_lead_from_rear=1" in the dat.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?

If its a bug, could it be possible to maybe make the entire engineblock not shift order when reversing, just behave like if its one vehicle?

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - can you upload a saved game in which this can be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

Here is a savegame along with what I think you need of pakfiles. its on my Dropbox folder in a .zip called "Reverse order bug.zip"

In the savegame, now I notice that also the two cars are shifting position... Did not see that before

Junna

Leave out "can lead from rear" for the second section, and it should work. (will be completely reversed, but in correct order).

Ves

No it doesn't work by leaving out "can_lead_from_rear=1" (just tried). Same behaviour. Maybe you meant to remove the "bidirectional=1"? But then the entire loco-block is turned around, making a high 'reversing' penalty. It should ideally be bidirectional, yet not change its internal order.