News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Crash on landscape tool after rotate

Started by benste, March 24, 2014, 09:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benste

Hi, i finally created a safegame which is able to reproduce the issue i was talking about in just 3 simple steps.

1>>220,380,-4 = down
2>> rotate two (by clicking the rotate button twice)
3>> 289,136,-2 = down
=>> CRASH

Safegame is here:
http://ubuntuone.com/3jleoyggStvuOo2uwucYPf

using latest nightly pak128 and simutrans linux 64bit build

appreciate your help troubleshooting.
This issue already existed in this scenario some time ago and is not related to the softslopes.

prissi

I cannot reproduce the crash. Although I am not sure what "down" implies. I lowered the whole tile with the landscape tool.

Ters

A 64-bit build might due to alignment issues react quite differently to bugs than a 32-bit build. It's even possible that the bug only exists in 64-bit builds. I am most likely unable to test a 64-bit build until easter, but by then I will likely have forgotten about it.

benste

you tried the right tool, flattening the whole tile :)
feel free to provide me with the dev steps you wanna do, i'd be more than happy to excecute and send you the respective log files ...
its definetly a 64bit built ...

Ters

The first thing I would ask for is a the detailed crash report. Preferrably also the stacktrace if you're into dev things.

prissi

I cannot do 64 builds (apart for my ancient PowerMac emulator), so I cannot help then.

TurfIt

I can't duplicate. Tried 32bit and 64bit OSX.

Dwachs

Quote from: benste on March 24, 2014, 09:11:47 PM
1>>220,380,-4 = down
2>> rotate two (by clicking the rotate button twice)
3>> 289,136,-2 = down
To produce the coordinates you wrote, map has to be rotated once only.

Could not replicate, too.  However, valgrind chokes upon loading the savegame, no idea why.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

benste

is there any other dependency which is OS related ? i mean i kept having the issue since multiple versions in multiple installations of ubuntu 64bi

Ters

I can reproduce it with homemade 64-bit Linux SDL build. (Good thing you posted, because I had indeed forgotten this issue.)

The problem seems to be script related. I see the koord 132,222 (the position I randomly clicked on) get passed to the script function "is_work_allowed_here", but the koord that comes out at the other end when the script calls add_scenario_message_at is 512,-1.

Dwachs

Thank you! This should be now fixed in r7145. The bug was completely unrelated to double heights etc, it was there from the beginning. It only crashed the game, if scenario messages were allowed to be shown in a pop-up.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ters

Good to hear that what I found was enough of a clue for you. I completely lost the trail when it entered the scripts. Not the I used much time trying to find out Simutrans' scripting functionality.