News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Line management window

Started by ronnie89b, January 25, 2009, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronnie89b

There is a bug in the line management window. Some of my busses are wrong place in this window after i load my saved game. I'm using the latest nightly and pak128.

VS

OK. How exactly wrong place? Different order? Image moved away?

And Dirk is going to eat you alive... "latest" :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ronnie89b

My bus (line9,keisei bus) moving another line in the line management window, but it's keeping the right schedule.
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/1.sve

VS

Then it must a program bug, not pak bug.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ronnie89b

Yes, I didnt want to write it to this topic, sorry

VS

No problem. I think you are both reporting something similar, so it can be all moved at once.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: VS on January 25, 2009, 09:40:15 PM

Thanks for making my day happier. :D

Moved to Bug Reports board.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: VS on January 25, 2009, 09:40:15 PM

He's lucky - I'm not hungry right now.  :-X

And I'm not that hard on first time "offenders" - I just ask them for the exact numbers. Only when that is (repeatedly) ignored, I start ripping heads off.  ;D

But I might even change that behaviour and simply ignore incomplete help requests and bug reports - after all, it's not like there's nobody else around here, able and willing to help - and with a little more patience as well. ;) 8) You see, it's just that I'd rather spend my time on the real problem, instead of spending it on getting the necessary information to even begin solving the problem...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Spike

Quote from: ronnie89b on January 25, 2009, 07:55:29 PM
I'm using the latest nightly and pak128.

While your message carries the posting date, so we can deduce which "latest" night you might mean (assuming the one of previous night to your posting date), it definitely is better to tell the version and revision number, since "latest nightly" is a different thing each day ;)

ronnie89b

z9999

When I made a new line, id is always 12345.

ERROR: simlinemgmt_t::add_line():   Line id 0 doubled! (0x1)
Please report all errors to

Message: simline_t::prepare_for_update():   line 12345 (05C05768)

[attachment deleted by admin]

prissi

z9999

Tested in r2266.

First, if I delete a line and save this game, restart simutrans and load this game, make a line, line number will be duplicate.

How to reproduce:
- Load attached savegame
- Make a line

Result:
(6) Line is duplicated.

And also deleted line number is not be re-used.

Second, after reading a game without restart simutrans, line number isn't initialized.

How to reproduce:
- Make 2 lines and save this game.
- Load this game and made a line.

Result:
In this case, new line number is 5.
I think this should be 3.

prissi

The problem was, that old ID and internal handle IDs are different. But I changed set_id routine to update also the name.

squeaky

Other line management win problem.

Populated lines break window buttons (though it may be just pak96) in the 26 Jan 09 river patched windows one at least. (It may have been fixed since though I guess)

Example: amend existing line - no buttons (as pictured)
create a new line - buttons disappear as soon as a station is added.

Also, no buttons in any windows if any line management windows with a populated line is open.

EDIT: only in windows that are opened since. Or maybe only the buttons with curved corners - the square cornered ones pictured seem fine?

prissi

Maybe this is still the error with the crosscompiled nightly?

wernieman

Cloud be ....

I see that I compile with the mingw32-4.3.1, that was bad in the past
Change to mingw32-3.4.6 today .. so look tomorow

P.S. I don't know the time, the server change the compiler
I hope you understand my English