News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Wrong departure times

Started by Carl, April 01, 2014, 07:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

I've noticed another issue in the savegame I posted in the other thread.

The departure times of convoys set by their convoy spacing/shift are sometimes mistaken -- specifically, they are sometimes six minutes earlier than they should be. Once again, the next arrival at Enfield Town (after the current convoy) exhibits this problem. It is scheduled to leave twice per month (every 30 mins 43 seconds) with a shift of 44 (21 mins 58 seconds) -- in other words, it should leave just before 52 minutes past the hour. But on its arrival at around 00:32, it will show a departure time of around 14 minutes rather than the 20 mandated by the schedule.

This is repeated elsewhere on the map, though -- once again -- not in every case.

I've tested this in a few versions, and it seems to go back as far as 11.10 (but not 11.9). However, once again, I've not noticed it until my 20mpt experiments.

jamespetts

Thank you for this and the other report. Can I ask you whether the problems can be reproduced at 125m/tile, or whether they are limited to games with 20m/tile?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

My two main maps are 118 and 200 metres per tile respectively and they do not seem to exhibit either this bug or the one reported in the other thread. With brief testing I was unable to reproduce either bug in a simplified testing environment at either 50 -- but I did reproduce the bug reported in the other thread in a simplified 20 metres per tile environment. It's very intermittent, however, even in this simplified environment.

However, the save game does reliably exhibit the bugs, and is still in a simple state, so I hope this will suffice to help track them down.