News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Introduce yourself to the community

Started by IgorEliezer, January 26, 2009, 04:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

Introduce yourself to the community!

You can introduce yourself to the community here. I hope you have already read our Simutrans Forum Guidelines first. They can help you to better enjoy your stay in our community and facilitate our job here. Also, older members of community can say "hi" and give you a welcome.

Now, let me present the forum:

We are a friendly community. Here you can learn and participate in our projects and discussions too. ;D

This community has the goal of gathering developers and fans to discuss, develop and publish Simutrans. We have English language as main language, but we have some "parts" of our forum that are reserved for other languages.

Our forum has 6 main sections (we admins call them "categories"). Each main section holds some few boards where discussions can take place. Each board is meant for a kind of discussion and activity, so that we can keep everything organized. If you are going to post a message or a new topic, or searching something, please use an appropriate board. Always use the Forum Search Tool before posting; chances are pretty good that what you are looking for has been posted before.

Now, briefly about our main sections:

:arrow: Information & Announcements
Here you can read important notes for community and know our guidelines, our sites and important services (like chat and blog). Also you can find Simutrans stable releases for download.

:arrow: Community
Here you can ask for help about how to play Simutrans and find manuals, tutorials, and online servers. Also, we have a Discussion space where we can discuss about Simutrans gameplay and a Social space where we share screenshots, stories and hold periodic contests.

:arrow: Development
Here you can post ideas to extend Simutrans engine, get involved with Simutrans development and coding, and help to translate Simutrans in your language.

:arrow: PakSets and Customization
Here you will find our works for development of graphic packs, also know as paksets. It's a very popular place because people are releasing new add-ons, downloading and discussing about paksets and new add-ons. Also, we have a space where you can find tools to help you to play and extend Simutrans.

:arrow: Simutrans Experimental
Here you can discuss and get involved with Simutrans Experimental Branch development and coding.

:arrow: Language boards
It's a part of forum dedicated to the languages other than English. We have subforums for the following languages: Czech, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish and Chinese.

Well, I hope you get involved with community and with our project and have a great experience. :)

litlepetslinki

Hi everyone! I'm litlepetslinki from Canberra, Australia. 8) I'm relatively new to Simutrans, but I'm improving.Also, am i the youngest member of this forum? (I'm 10 and turning 11 this year, 6/4)

(I never use spellcheck)

gauthier

Hi litlepetslinki !

I hope you enjoy this game and you will enjoy for ages ;)
I don't know if you're the youngest member but you're surely the youngest I see, maybe one day you will make addons or develop the game  :D

Simutrans' community is a miw between young and less young people but we don't care  ;D
Everyone is happy (... I think so ...) to be in Simutrans' community. (yes I'm very very happy to be here  ;D ).

Good luck for your progress in the game ;)

off topic : how is the weather in Australia ? I think it's summer there because in France everyone feels cold  ;D

litlepetslinki

you are 100% correct! Over 42c in melbourne, i love teasing my friend in adeilade(41c this week)

TPIBAW

Hello litlepetslinki,
I myself was 11 when i joined the forum (the old one, now archive.forum.simutrans.com).
The people here vary from 10-70, i saw some old members here, but of course you will notice that a lot of the people here speak very adult and serious (and might overcome monotone).
Happy playing!

jamespetts

Welcome :-)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

IgorEliezer

Welcome to the community! :D

(OMG! We have got an "Introduce yourself" topic! ;D)

Eagle

Hi, I'm Eagle from Adelaide, Australia. I've been playing Simutrans for quite a while and I am currently working on a supertanker (litlepetslinki came up with the idea) and Australian Railway pack for Simutrans.

- Eagle

BudapestTRansport

hi all I am Budapest

Combuijs

Hi BudapestTransport,

Welcome to the forum!

Jo napot kivanok.

What's the news from Budapest?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

jamespetts

Hello.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Sarrus

Hi.
I came from Poznan, Poland. I'm age of 26 this year. My adventure with Simutrans started from version 0.78 or 0.79. (When it was?) Even then it was the best transport sim. IMHO we can full trashcan with all these commercial games.

I played:
TTD - many many hours, but now is no chance for return ;]
Locomotion - I think its quite good but later in the game you do nothing else but replacing old vehicles :/
Transport Giant - looks good only on screenshots

I'm programmer and maybe one day I will have enough time to help make Simutrans perfect :)

Regards
Sarrus

hanged94

Hi people,

I am George but my screen name is hanged94, and I'm from SINGAPORE(:
Some might know me from few years back.
I started with Simutrans 0.8+ , forgot... Since 13, which was 2 years ago, I watched Simutrans grow from monorail to MIDI to now Rivers even.

I'm quite surprised that the old forum was out, and all the past discussion gone. I was lucky they kept my account going...

IgorEliezer

Welcome to the community.

We hope you stay with us and enjoy by participating in Simutrans projects and our community.

bbc100

Hi im BBC100 from new zealand.
And it's winter here when i wirited this Reply

der_karl

Hi everyone,

der_Karl from Germany here :)
I've been lurking around quite some time (ever since simutrans 0.82.15.4, at least that's the oldest version I can find here :D ). It is amazing how much effort everyone here put into this project.

I'm not sure how much time I'm actually going to spend writing here on the forum, but surely I'll at least continue reading.  ;)

jamespetts

Welcome :-)

rainer

Hi everybody!

I am Rainer from Germany. I am a little bit active in the German Forum. For some time I was lurking here, but it seems to be high time to get active here as well. ;-)

What kept me from registering here ist the text to be accepted in the register form. WTH do I have to promise not to violate Federal US Law, which is more or less unkown to me and do not affect me? The rest of the text is going without saying. Can anyone of the admins be so kind to have a glance at that text? Do you really expect anyone from anywhere in the world to sign it?

Anyway, let us have even more fun with SImutrans! I do praise wholeheartely anyone to helps developing it!

Rainer

PS: I have to admit that lots of option in your backend are quite nice. I.E. the "Don't use graphical smileys" ;-)

jamespetts

Rainer,

welcome to the forum :-) It is always good to have new Simutrans users.

mobo

Quote from: rainer on May 03, 2009, 12:02:02 PM

WTH do I have to promise not to violate Federal US Law, which is more or less unkown to me and do not affect me? The rest of the text is going without saying. Can anyone of the admins be so kind to have a glance at that text? Do you really expect anyone from anywhere in the world to sign it?

The forum was run by Isaac, who is an american. So if something illegal would have happened, they would have judged him by US law.

---

And: Welcome to the forum.

vilvoh

Welcome Rainer! I'm glad you finally decided to register here, we'll see at the simutrans irc channel..  ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Welcome!

In fact, the text is the default forum text. I believe there was discussion in the past about perhaps changing it, but I think the discussion died out...

I'll start a discussion with the Devotees about perhaps shortening it and customizing it for our needs...

cascadia

Hello there!  I've been a lurker for a while, but I've finally decided to join the forum.  :)

jamespetts

Welcome!

Fred

Hey guys,

I am Fred. I joined this community cause I love the game :)
My hobbies insist of Creating Games(with the quality of Simutran, or better) without programming, and Programming HTML and JAVA.

I have made a ton of games that are good enough to sell! I made them freeware cause more people seem to download them ^_^ Maybe I'll show you some if you PM me cause I don't think I can post them on the boards, right?

I also seem to love to program HTML websites, and blogs and stuff like that. Maybe you've already seen a website made by me. I currently own 44 websites and counting ;) Why? Cause I love to make websites. Don't ask lol That's the way I am.

I usually am on the internet on a laptop.

Apart from that, I work in an office building. It's not the greatest job ever, but also not the worst. It's kind of in the middle!

Glad to be here. :D

gauthier

Hi Fred,

QuoteI am Fred. I joined this community cause I love the game Smiley

As everyone here of course ;)

QuoteI also seem to love to program HTML websites, and blogs and stuff like that. Maybe you've already seen a website made by me. I currently own 44 websites and counting Wink Why? Cause I love to make websites. Don't ask lol That's the way I am.

;D ;D ;D
=> http://villeme.dyndns.org/snfos/
read the short text, if you can help me it would be great since I can't do anything on this website for months (many bugs, I asked the Joomla community but it seems not very friendly, nobody answered me :'( ).

AABatteries

Hello everyone!  Haven't played the game yet, wanted to check out the forums before doing so.  I plan on making some content for the game.

vilvoh

Welcome to the forum, AABat! I encourage you to play first and then comment..  ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Maragil

Hello - never used this thread yet as I never got around to introducing myself...

The name is Maragil and i'm a pak128 player (W00T!)....
Attempting to make industry chains, however the rate of work = 0 :D

H./

Severous

Hello

My name is Steve. I live just north of London England.

Ive been playing Simutrans for about a month. Pak64. V102.

Ive played many transport games in the past ten years or so. Including the Transport Tycoon series which Simutrans reminds me of. Also Railroad Tycoon1,2 & 3. I moderated a forum for many months on RT2 and helped organise a number of competitive and cooperative games.  I designed a few small yet tough scenarios for RT2.

My game style is micro manage and exploitative.

Enjoying the game and intend to be around for a few months more.
Regards
Sev.

jamespetts

Severous,

welcome! Lovely to see another person from near London here :-) Glad that you are enjoying Simutrans. Have you looked into Pak128.Britain by any chance?

AABatteries

Welcome to community!

Hope you enjoy yourself here.

fulcj001

Well i haven't been here for 2 years and i used to love simutrans. But then i just suddenly stopped playing it. I want to see if any of my old threads are on here lol. :police: