News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Introduce yourself to the community

Started by IgorEliezer, January 26, 2009, 04:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stmaker

Quote from: Haric on May 26, 2010, 11:40:53 AM
Hi friends...I am Haric from Australia and i am a newbie in forums work..i am feeling very glad to join forum work..I am here to share my thinking and opinions to all of my visitors in this forum site.... :-*

Welcome to the Simutrans forum Haric. Do you have any experience in Simutrans?
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

ProGoddess

Hi Everyone!

I'm new in the game. Just download it a short while ago and will be installing it in a minute. Thought I would just have a look at the forum and at the same time watch the videos of this game. It looks very promising and interesting to me. I have always liked constructing & building games and therefore this game will fit well in me.

I'm looking forward for an exciting and fun journey with Simutrans.

Additionally, perhaps I can also make some friends in this community.

Nice meeting you guys! :)

vilvoh

Welcome to the forum  ProGoddess! It's good to know you haven't got problems with the installation...  :)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

ProGoddess

Thank you for the warm welcome.

No, I didnt encounter any problem with installation. the game works well. I have tried it out. It's very interesting and the game is very well-made. :) The only thing is that I have to get some info from tutorials in order to build the stuff. I'll figure it out as I play along.

Caspercom

Hi everyone! Thought I'd introduce myself as well ;D

I'm Casper, I'm 14 years old, I'm from the Netherlands and I've been playing simutrans for about a year now with mainly pak64, pak96.comic and pak128. Pak128 is my favourite. I already knew my way around with PC's when I was 9 so the custom installation wasn't much of a problem. :P I usually create a map of 896x896 with a load of big cities and then try to create a bit of a network but somehow whenever I start to create a bit of a network the savefile stops working or I get this massive traffic jam. :-[

I've been looking around the forum for the last 2 days so I know my way around. :D

60% of all people on forums have witty signatures. Copy this if you like cookies.

Combuijs

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

vilvoh

Welcome to the forum Caspercom! We're glad you finally decided to join us.. :)

PS: We're could I get a Spain's userbar like that one... :::)

Caspercom

Quote from: vilvoh on July 08, 2010, 10:41:06 AMWe're could I get a Spain's userbar like that one... :::)

I found mine on http://www.userbars.be, great website.

60% of all people on forums have witty signatures. Copy this if you like cookies.

vilvoh

Thanks. I haven't found anything similar to the one you have, but I choose the EURO 2008 winners userbar to bring the good luck.. ;D

raz444

Hello everyone i am new to simutrans but long time player of all sorts of sim games simcity series etc i have transport giant and used to play Trans Tycoon Simutrans rocks for a freeware game good on you guys for keeping it going. I am currently playing Pak 64 as it said this had the most add ons is this still the case?. Anyone working on any Aussie stuff i'd be glad to help if i can, i have minimal modelling experience but am good with numbers.
All I need to get is simulation.

mobo

Welcome to the forum raz444!

We're trying to collect all addons at http://addons.simutrans.com, but i think noone counted them.

Pak 128 has also a lot of objects in it's official release plus there are also many add ons for it. Alltogether i think there is more stuff than for p64.

But you can just try any pakset you like, you can always keep the one you had before. You can have several sets installed, there will be a choose-pakset-menu then when you start simutrans.

fixed link -- VS

raz444

cool thanks i have been there and got most of the stuff are vilvohs trucks on there he has some awesome work but i found most of it through the forum.
All I need to get is simulation.

Venkat

Hi,

I am Venkat from India. I have been playing Simutrans for the last 4 years or so. Enjoy every bit of it. Thanks for the great game.

I do product documentation and can help in my area of expertise.

Regards to all,
Venkat

vilvoh

Welcome to the community, Venkat! thanks for your offer, we always need people who can colaborate with documention. :)

nitromefan

Welcome Vencat! :D  It's nice to have an Indian on the forum. (Infact i actually haven't seen an Indian on the forum before. I'm sure the forum community will appreciate that you are here.)

jap train fan

wow so many aussies here
anyway hi i am Jap Train Fan
being playing for a while
anyway i really suck at making paks so if someone can help me make pak 128 australia it would be really appreciated
the forum topic is "pak 128 Australia"
my cousin has given up too so i hope there would be a lot of contributions to the pak

Fluké

Hello everyone,

I used to play simutrans a while ago, and remembered the game recently and have go back into it. Just thought I'd say hi.

nitromefan

Venkat

Thanks for the welcome nitromefan.... Feels good.

Regards,
Venkat

nitromefan

Arcturus

Hello guys, im new.
i've been playing Simutrans for a while

jap train fan

hello Arcturus and everybody else i didn't welcome

nitromefan

diegoviagens

Hello, how are you?
everyone should already know me, I live in Anderson and
Brazil.
SimuTrans game for about six years and every day
I see your updates and I am impressed.
embrace all
Sugira uma t
Simutrans - Orgulho de desenvolvimento no Brasil.

visit my site:www.andersongama.webs.com

Emil Sawicki

Hi! I come from Wroclaw, Poland. My name's Emil Sawicki.

I'm a rail & city transport photographer, my photos are available at my own site, link on the left (site will be available before october ends).

I'm playing Simutrans since fall 2009. My favourite pakset is pak64, because it runs fastest on my PC :) and offers nice graphic.

At this time I solved many problems in my own, before I set account on this Forum. Last, I had problem: how to draw river in pak64. My problem's already solved, so thanks for user Dwachs.

Like some users, i'd vote for creating Polish board on Forum.
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

vilvoh

Welcome to the forum, Emil. We're glad you finally decided to join us. We're always considering to give support to new language communities, but it depends on the amount of requests. We may consider your idea about a PL board.

PS: You can show us some of your photos at Forum lounge, if you want... :)

Grapejuice

Hello community, I've started looking around for other people who are or at least seem to be transit enthusiasts of some sort. Some of you here may have seen paper buses before, some of you perhaps not. Either way I invite you to take a look at the paper buses I have produced. You can download and build your own using the instructions I've provided.

You can download, print and build my buses using the instructions I've provided.

Paper Bus Models

Paper Bus Instruction File
Paper Bus Instruction Photos

Paper Bus Photos

An_dz

Haha great. They are really cool, even the propaganda on the side you made in some models. Lot of details, they are awesome. I'll try some. ;)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Grapejuice on October 23, 2010, 12:48:05 AM
Hello community,

Welcome! How do you like Simutrans? :)

I've removed your signature images, as they were a bit large for us. Perhaps a smaller version might work?

Lawyer

Hi everyone!  :D
I'm from Brasil and i'm enjoying simutrans for quite a few days now. I'm an old veteran from TTD, OpenTTD, Railroad Tycoon, A-Train and some other games of the genre and i've to say that simutrans is far better and fun then those others. I think this is much a part of the constant development of the game by it's own players and i hope i can contribute in some way. But i must confess that i know nothing about coding and design, so maybe i'll take a time to do something of worth... :P

Edit: BTW, at first it was pretty tough to learn how to make profit. As a TTD player, i started constructing roads and stations everywhere, just to see my cash sunk like the Titanic. Only when i begin thinking like a simutrans player i could see how much Finances button and line planing are important...  ;D

Edit2: Don't worry, I started from there! ;) Caught a bunch of handy tips, but forgot to let an introduction...
Creia no que quiser, mas não acredite no 'Fator Deus'
Believe in whatever you want, but don't believe in the 'Factor God'.
http://bulevoador.haaan.com/2010/07/04/o-fator-deus/

vilvoh

We're glad to have another TTD player among us. Welcome to the community Lawyer!

PS: If you have time, don't hesitate to take a look at the PT board.

IgorEliezer

oh hi Lawyer, another Brazilian here.

Quote from: vilvoh on October 23, 2010, 09:23:54 PMPS: If you have time, don't hesitate to take a look at the PT board.

Let me make things easier: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?board=21.0

Lawyer

Thanks for the welcome, but don't worry, I started from there! ;P Caught a bunch of handy tips, but forgot to let an introduction...
Creia no que quiser, mas não acredite no 'Fator Deus'
Believe in whatever you want, but don't believe in the 'Factor God'.
http://bulevoador.haaan.com/2010/07/04/o-fator-deus/

Grapejuice

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on October 23, 2010, 01:59:44 PM
Welcome! How do you like Simutrans? :)

I've removed your signature images, as they were a bit large for us. Perhaps a smaller version might work?
Admittedly I haven't played it a whole lot. It reminds me of Sim City, but I presume it's that way by design. Like many games theses days I find it overwhelming with all the options and details in it. Though as you get into it more I presume these finer details can become beneficial.

Revised signature is fine, is there a section I can look at that states signature maximums etc?

Thanks

dukederek

Hi all, I'm Dave from Bristol

I used to play a lot and post a bit way back (version numbers in the 80somethings) and for some reason got the urge a couple weeks back to see how simutrans has come along.

pretty much addicted all over again now :D

Maybe with all these new public service special tools I'll finally get round to making that Simutrans version of the TTD Westcountry 90210 map I started on...

EDIT: haha! found the thread in the archive! http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/00800.0/index.html