News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Introduce yourself to the community

Started by IgorEliezer, January 26, 2009, 04:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Probably not as we had to reinstall the forum from scratch less than one year ago ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

fulcj001

And for some reason my post count has been reset :( .

LeifInge

Better start posting to get it going again then :)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: jf812 on June 07, 2009, 08:04:42 PM
And for some reason my post count has been reset :( .

Because it's a new forum. As VS said, it was installed from scratch -- all of us started over :)

IgorEliezer

Welcome back. ;D

You had signed up for account some days after I had installed this forum.

As I'm seeing, this is the first time you're posting. So, I merged your topic with Introduce yourself to the community topic.

Enjoy your stay. :D

Dutchman on Rails

Hello,

I am Dutchman on Rails. People visiting the Transport Tycoon Forums may have seen some posts of me there.
I'm a relative newbie to Simutrans. Earlier I have played a bit, but it didn't catch my interest too much. This time I've been playing for almost two months now, and this time I find it more fun playing.
If I keep enjoying, I will likely write stories like I did at the TT-forum, or like LeifInge's Big Bucks Bus and Rail. Normally you will find me starting in the 1900's (mostly 1815, the end of the Napoleonic Wars), with mountainous terrain, small hamlets far apart and just enough starting money and traffic potential to get me started.
For now I'm taking up LeifInge's Rogaland challenge, so my first story will be about how my company does in that game.

jamespetts

Welcome! I shall look forward to seeing your journals.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wing044

Hello!

I come from Hong Kong, but currently in Australia. I've been playing Simutrans for 2 years.

A thank you to all the developers and contributors, you've made a great game.

vilvoh

Hey, another HK folk!...welcome to the community. :)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

puzzler995

Hey All!
I love the whole idea of Simutrans. I found it while searching for a good tycoon game for my iPod Touch. I tried the iPhone version and didn't like it because there was no instructions (might want to work on that  ;)). I looked for instructions online and found the site and downloaded it. I love it and currently use pak64 (although I am looking a pak128). I will try to be active in the community and give suggestions and opinions where ever possible!

Severous

Welcome puzzler995

If you need any assistance (or competition) theres many here who will help.   Enjoy.
Regards
Sev.

jamespetts

T0m4S

Well i introduce myself here too. I already did it in the spanish subforum, but i hadn't seen this topic. I'll also try to becoma an active member of the community even though my experience in the game is quite limited compared to others...

jamespetts

Tomas,

welcome! One always has to start somewhere ;-)

colonyan

welcome puzzler995 and T0m4S!
Hope you enjoy this wonderful game!

GKey.

Hello

I am Benny9832.
I live in Hong Kong so that I know many thing about Bus of Hong Kong. ;)

[size=80]MJ8161。MJ8386。EY4921FF1819GK9094。HL8725。HW5926。KX 910。PJ9212。RA5490。HR2439[/size]

Maragil

Hullo Benny!

Welcome to the forums....

ENTER AT YOUR PERIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude. Not funny.

Enter at the risk of becoming awesome.

Hmm.
(This is why I'm not an admin)

H./

rsdworker

hey all i am rsdworker - i have sumutrans - which its was great

Maragil

H./

PlayTrans2009

This is my first time at this forum. Also, this is my post! :D

So, what should I do there? Is there rules?

Thanks for your help! I have been playing SimuTrans for a long time.  :)

I'm using pak96.comic and pak128.Britain. Mostly pak96.comic.
"More money means lesser friendship." Reason: Selfish.

sojo

What can you do? Painting, programming, writing (Wiki), make sounds, ... the list is long and Simutrans need a lot of help. So WELCOME!
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

PlayTrans2009

I can paint but it may not look nice -.-

Maragil

What pak do you play ? - Pak128.Britain uses darkish textures(think the colour of mud :) )

H./

PlayTrans2009

Quote from: Maragil on August 26, 2009, 09:26:27 AM
What pak do you play ? - Pak128.Britain uses darkish textures(think the colour of mud :) )

I use pak64.

sojo

Quote from: PlayTrans2009 on August 26, 2009, 09:28:18 AM
I use pak64.
The maintainer for pak64 is prissi. I don't know what he need for pak64. Pak.german is in 64x64 too. The maintainer is Frank.

Perhaps, if you play so long time, you can write something in the wiki http://en.wiki.simutrans.com/index.php/Main_Page . Tutorials or 'How can I do this or this' ?? For the english wiki you have to send a mail to webmaster-en.wiki@simutrans.com with your username.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Maragil

You can talk to me for help on the wiki - myself and LeifInge are trying to revamp it :)

H./

PlayTrans2009

PlayTrans2009

mwoodburn81

I guess I should have done this a few months ago.

Hello, I am Michael, I am from Rutland, Vermont in the United States.  In case you don't know Vermont is a rural state in Northern New England (North East).    However, I am less than five hours from New York City; Boston; and Montreal, Canada.   I live in a town of about 20,000.   We have a city bus service, creatively named "The Bus"  and we have once a day intercity train service via Amtrak (the Ethan Allan) to Albany, NY and continuing on to New York, NY.   May current profile photo is me at the "161st Street – Yankee Stadium subway station" overlooking the new stadium.

I love simutrans.  For some odd reason I have always been obsessive about transportation/infrastructure.  It use to be about freeway design, then about prasnager trains, and also Air Traffic Control.  So obviously, simutrans speaks home to me.   

I really appreciate everything everybody does for this project.  I would name names, but I am afraid I might leave someone out.  But I like to thank the creators, the developers, the patch-submitters, the pak-maintainers, the painters/artist, the forum maintainers, the documentation/other website maintainers, and the Benevolent Dictators. 

I wish I could do more to contribute.  I got some programing skills, however I am not as familiar with C++ and German to really understand what is going on in the majority of the source code.   Also, If I had more artist/creative skills, I would love to help start a PAK.somesize.USA project. 

Thanks

Michael

Zeno

Welcome to the forum and the Simutrans world, Michael.

Quote from: mwoodburn81 on August 29, 2009, 02:02:24 PM
I wish I could do more to contribute.
Actually there's only one thing needed to contribute: the aim to help. If you haven't enough skills to program or paint you can give your thoughts to painters on their work, or give player point of view advices/comments, suggest new functionalities, report issues... there's a long list :)

mobo

Welcome to the forum, Michael!

I wouldn't say we need another set, we already got some, most of them aren't finished yet. But if you want to do feel free. There's a lot of maintenance work involved with doing a pakset, things like: puting all the stuff in some order, calculating vehicle prices, keeping an overview and having some agenda to tell he painters what's needed, writing changelogs, and communicating with painters/players. A lot of work and much of it is annoying (to most people) but no programming or painting is needed - well as long as you find someone else who paints, but that's usually easier than to find someone who wants to do the maintenance part.

But you can also just play the game and maybe write some interesting report about it, or whatever you want. I dont want to push you or something, just wanted to tell about the vast amounts of invisible work in the background besides painting and programming.

mwoodburn81

KneeOn

The last reply was 22 days ago now... Wow.

Hi, I'm Sam! Does any one know Sussex? In the UK? 'Cos you should, its the best part of the UK ;)

I found simutrans a while ago, when got the worlds cheapest laptop,and was like ZOMG! Free RRT2 Style game! But it's not for MIPS :P But now i have an EEE, I find playing pak 64 to be like, perfect for my small screen. :) I'd like to think I can paint, and when GIMP has downloaded, i'll compile  (hopefully) my first ever train for pak 128(the BR Class 377 Electrostar Southern uses on the Brighton main line) but the other thing that I enjoy and fascinates me, is Stations, so i plan on making several stations for pak64 and 128. I'll also lend a hand where ever i can (although i'm bad at making pak files i'll still try!) with pak128.Britain since its such a good pak.  :)