The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Introduce yourself to the community  (Read 184635 times)

Offline Manche

• Simutrans is my life, Simutrans is my concept.
  • Languages: JP,EN
Re: Introduce yourself to the community
« Reply #350 on: July 21, 2019, 05:52:19 PM »
Hello, there.

I know it's too late, but I introduce myself here.

I am 'Manche', and I am Japanese.

I played simutrans for over 10 years, from about 2004. (Sorry, I don't have enough conviction for when I started to play from.)
And I am born at 1994. Over half of my life is Simutrans.

I started to create my add on from 2013.
Almost of them is 'fictional railways add-on' or 'cover of official pakset'.
For example, nature gas factory chain (because official pakset contains gas tank as a station building), electric parts factory chain (because official add-on held a same that),
And Long trailer add-on (because official pakset contains a trailer, but cannot couple multiple trailers. But road train couples multiple trailers.).

Another example is 'Seikai Electric Railway Series / 青海電車シリーズ'. this is the biggest Fictional Railway add-on set in Japan Community.
Seikai Electric Railway Series is freelance train add-on set, based on Japan traditional railway and commonplace railway.

Mainly I always appearance for Japanese community,
but sometimes I will appearance for this forum.

Thank you for every Simutrans player.
And I am keep moving forward, for evolution.

Offline DrakenJ35

• Languages: EN, FR, RU, DE
« Reply #351 on: April 29, 2020, 05:11:48 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm Draken, from Russia, and I've recently started playing Simutrans because of a chain of events that began in me playing with toy soldiers as a kid. No, really.
The chain went like this: playing with soldiers - learning about military history - becoming a big buff in planes, tanks, guns etc - researching why countries X and Y won wars while Z and W lost - learning it was mainly because of their industrial failures and insufficiences - researching military industry - researching industry in general - researching infrastructure and logistics - discovering Simutrans.
And that's pretty much it!

See you on the forums and have a nice day.

Offline Vladki

• Devotee
    • My addons, mostly roadsigns, pak128.cs
  • Languages: EN, CS
« Reply #352 on: April 29, 2020, 06:11:59 PM »
Interesting chain. It may be interesting to compare how important was logistics in military success.

Offline Roboron

• Las Galácticas Aventuras de Komoyo Diga
  • Languages: ES, EN
« Reply #353 on: May 11, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »
There are some military games that introduces logistics as an important element of the gameplay. Hearts of Iron come to my mind, where managing the supply chain and infraestructure is vital for deploying trops, specially in low-developed areas.

Offline Freahk

• Devotee
  • Languages: DE, EN
« Reply #354 on: May 11, 2020, 02:18:18 PM »
Well German "Autobahn" (motorway) was one of the main reasons for the fast early success of the megalomaniac dictator in WW2.
Further, beside of megalomaniac and inhuman programmes in that time, more than 7000 DR class 52 were built in only 8 years for a good reason. Logistics was simply essential for the war industry and some even worse inhuman programes. Many further classes were also built in that time, although in a much smaller number.