News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Can't build tunnel if way_height_clearance is not equal to pak_height_conversion

Started by z9999+, April 29, 2014, 02:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z9999+

Since my topic disappeared, so I'll make again.

Simutrans 120.0RC

* FIX/ADD: if way under bridges require one or two level clearance is now enforced independently from pak set conversion factor

But I cann't build strait tunnel, if way_height_clearance value is not equal to pak_height_conversion value.
The case way_height_clearance=1 and pak_height_conversion=2 or way_height_clearance=2 and pak_height_conversion=1.

As I wrote I can build only tunnel mouth separately and join them, but cann't build strait tunnel.
This should be a bug, if it is not a bug, we must use the same value for both way_height_clearance and pak_height_conversion.
We cannot use different value.

prissi

I can built tunnels perfectly well in pak128.britain nightly and in the pak64. But in pak128.britain tunnels can only start and end on a double height slope.

There is an issue with tunnels, which still needs to be finalized for a double height pak with conversion factor two, because otherwise tunnel there can be only built on double height slopes. But the tunnel graphics only have one. Either then one need to auto terraform the entire mound area or have special allowance for the first tile.

kierongreen

The intention is for only double height slopes with auto terraforming if it's reasonable to (i.e. can be done only affecting the tiles immediately surrounding the tunnel entrance).

z9999+

Quote from: prissi on April 29, 2014, 08:48:13 AM
I can built tunnels perfectly well in pak128.britain nightly and in the pak64. But in pak128.britain tunnels can only start and end on a double height slope.

I can. But it is pointless.
My point is
But I cann't build strait tunnel, if way_height_clearance value is not equal to pak_height_conversion value.
The case way_height_clearance=1 and pak_height_conversion=2 or way_height_clearance=2 and pak_height_conversion=1.

As I wrote I can build only tunnel mouth separately and join them, but cann't build strait tunnel.
This should be a bug, if it is not a bug, we must use the same value for both way_height_clearance and pak_height_conversion.
We cannot use different value.