News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

pak128.open.r1391 and ST r7191. Railtrack and Road Problems

Started by The Transporter, May 17, 2014, 01:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Transporter

All railtracks and some roads (110,130,200) can not be buildt at a fullhight slope.
Screenshot not possible, it's to large.

Vladki

I'm not sure, but I think this is intentional. Real railways are also limited to gentler slopes than roads, and high-speed motorways too.

gauthier

Indeed this is intended. No motorway and no rail on full hight slopes, in order to have better graphical realism.

The Transporter

Thats not a good idea!
A Road or Railtrack beneath a full hight slope can not be crossed with a bridge.
The pak128 will lost a lot of it's character, and also player

kierongreen

All it means is that to get railways or motorways up steep inclines you will now have to make sure you engineer a route with shallow gradients - maybe including spirals or hairpin bends for example. Also bridges should always be able to start from a double height slope so spanning deep valleys shouldn't be a problem.

gauthier

QuoteA Road or Railtrack beneath a full hight slope can not be crossed with a bridge.
See attached picture. Moreover, adding many elevated ways recently opened a wide range of new possibilities ...

QuoteThe pak128 will lost a lot of it's character, and also player
Already done when pak128 became open and lost most of its nicest stock  ;D

More seriously, I agree that some changes can be annoying to players, but it's usually just a matter of habits. You will get used to this after some days or hours of playing and finally see the good side of this change.

The Transporter

QuoteZitat
A Road or Railtrack beneath a full hight slope can not be crossed with a bridge.
See attached picture. Moreover, adding many elevated ways recently opened a wide range of new possibilities ...

Sorry, no.
How to make a crossing in this situation? I find no working way, without terraforming.

gauthier

QuoteI find no working way, without terraforming.
Without terraforming it's, obviously, impossible ... It's a small price to pay to have more realistic looking worlds and not to have trains loosing half their speed when climbing a slope.

The Transporter

When i see your Picture, then i can't see a more realistic looking World, i see strange crazy bridges. Not realistic looking bridges
for me it's a big price for a small advantage.
A slower Train at a steep slope it's nor a problem for me. But the troubles with bridgebuilding is a big problem for me. A slow Train is a short moment. This crazy bridges are always visible.

gauthier

Well if you can show me a train climbing slopes as steep as we used to see in pak128 ... (except funicular/cable stuff of course), I would agree that it's not a matter of realism.

QuoteA slower Train at a steep slope it's nor a problem for me
For us it is.

QuoteA slow Train is a short moment.
A slope doesn't slow down a train only when climbing it, the train has to accelerate again after the slope. Suck breaks in a train's speed lead to big losses in a line's income.

Once again, it may be a hassle to get used to such changes, I agree about that, but once you will get used to it, you won't think about it any longer. We can't make a pakset for every player to be happy with. And ... engineering interesting track layouts is quite challenging and fun, isn't it ? ;)

Anyway, this change was decided months ago, you are complaining too late and you seem to be the only player having problem about that, pak128 maintainers won't change their mind and remake slopes for each track just for you. Then, just start a game with these new slopes, you will find plenty of new electrifications to go with these new slopes, and get used to it.

kierongreen

It's worth noting that there's nothing stopping people altering the dat files and recompiling pak128 to allow steep slopes.

gauthier

Tracks'graphics have changed, and no steep slope have been created with these new graphics. So doing that requires painting the slopes too.

greenling

Hello All
I have since the relase from the pak128 1315 Problem with the building from Tunnels and Bridges in the Game. ::-\
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

gauthier

For tunnels, you just have to click directly on a full hight slope to build a tunnel (with or without ctrl). Bridges seem to be built only on flat land or soft slopes.

Leartin

Not sure about pak128, but in pak64 bridges stating on steep slopes have to be dragged instead of just clicked.

kierongreen

You should be able to start all bridges on shallow and steep slopes. Also depending on the bridge, a ramp at the end can be shallow only or shallow and steep.

greenling

Hello On all
The problem it that in the Pak128 1391 gives no grafics for full high slope.
The Photo show the grafics they i have for low slope.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

gauthier

You can't build way on a steep slope but you can start a bridge on a steep slope. Click'n drag works.

greenling

Hello Gauthier
It can not more build a tunnel that it the main problem. :-[

gauthier

Select a tunnel tool and just click on a full hight slope (without anything built on it). It works perfectly in my game.