Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Simutrans crashes with map size x*0

Started by MoTw, January 30, 2009, 06:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoTw

looks very good! I haven't downloaded it yet, but:
are there planes? :o

EDIT: when i started pak.contrast 808 with simutrans 100.1, simutrans generated such strange maps (see screenshot there: http://www.((Site not allowed - serves viruses))/view-1419168/simscr10.jpg.html (in german)). then simutrans crashed (mac os x). is it not compatible with 100.1?
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

VS

Erm, map size 1024*0 ? No wonder it crashed. Sure, it should not allow such number to be used, and catch it before doing anything - it is a bug. But chances are if you change this 0 to something normal, it might work.

In other words: the program is buggy but you could fix this problem all by yourself ;)

Also note that the preview is always square, and maps of any size are stretched on it. If for some reason map 0*n is considered as having only one row, it degrades to stripes just like in the picture, because they are stretched in preview. Actual map is a "noodle" as we would say here :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Kristian

Quote from: MoTw on January 30, 2009, 06:10:45 PM
looks very good! I haven't downloaded it yet, but:
are there planes? :o

Allow me to split this thread. :) In answer to your question, yes, there are. :)

Edit: anyone, is this a real bug; should we be able to set map size 0 in the menu?

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: Kristian on January 30, 2009, 10:57:46 PM
Edit: anyone, is this a real bug; should we be able to set map size 0 in the menu?

In the latest versions, you can't do that, so it is - if at all - a bug report that's already been closed.

@MoTw:

You could try deleting "default.sve" and "settings.xml" and try again...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

IgorEliezer

Quote from: VS on January 30, 2009, 07:41:44 PM
Erm, map size 1024*0 ?

How to call it...?

Simutrans has divided by zero..... resulting in a Not-A-Map. ;D