News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

pak128 release version 2.5.3 (half heights)

Started by gauthier, September 21, 2014, 08:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

Finally ... pak128 with half heights :

DOWNLOAD pak128 2.5.3 (95 MB) for Simutrans 120 and higher

SHORT TUTORIAL for building bridges and tunnels with half heights. Advised for players upgrading from a pak128 version prior to 2.5.0 !

Pak128 before 2.5.0 and pak128 from 2.5.0 are likely to be NOT compatible regarding half heights change !
anyway compat.tab has been updated, as described here, from pak128 r1501.

Changes between 2.5.2 and 2.5.3
_ Changes on trains:
    _ Rvg tender (blue one): length 8 -> 7 (to match graphics)
    _ BR-135: graphics were left in a pityful condition (grey thing with inconsistent patches of player color) for a long time, I tried to restore them in player color as well as I could.
    _ BR-238: added missing smoke
    _ EMD FT: added missing smoke
    _ Renfe 310, 319, 333, 340, 301, 311, 314, 316, 318, 319, 334, 10200: added missing smoke
    _ Silver city comet: added missing smoke
    _ VT 105: added missing smoke, capacity increased (+10 passengers on car and rear)
    _ RT 100, 350, 600, 900: adedd missing smoke
    _ RT 120: added missing smoke, capacity increased (+10 passengers per vehicle)
    _ CPH Motorcar: added missing smoke
    _ Class 620, 2000: added missing smoke
    _ Pioneer zephyr: added missing smoke, max speed 180 (unreachable) -> 110
    _ Rvg Tigress: multiple units enabled
    _ Rvg Tigress and Thunder: images moved up of two pixels
_ Suspended monorail topspeeds increased to 150, to match the fastest monorail. This is a temporary fix, new monorail ways will appear in later releases.
_ 60 metal rail bridge: error in player color fixed
_ Changes on some curiosities (wrong levels, far too high in some cases)
    _ ski resort: 600 -> 140
    _ maya temple: 288 -> 216
    _ big French garden: 240 -> 100
    _ radiant house: 243 -> 180
    _ round about: 2 -> 30
_ Changes on some curiosities (too high chances, used to spawn everywhere)
    _ small and big French gardens: 100 -> 40
    _ saint Geneviève library: 60 -> 30
    _ central park: 100 -> 30
_ Increased speed of some early citycars which used to ruin up bus networks
_ Removed wrong pillar graphics under north-south and east-west views of 80b track bridge
_ All station extensions moved to special construction toolbar, less confusing for beginners, lighter toolbar for tracks
_ Change in third rails: 80b third rail became 120 third rail, 80 third rail retire date removed
_ Fixed graphical error between green and red positions of early train choose signal
_ Added an end-of-choose-sign for road (quick work-around of existing sign), changed the road block's icon to avoid confusion
_ Added early big bus station
_ Fixed wrong cost of early highway entry sign
_ Canonball Btx car: overpowered compared to other cars of the pak of the same era: increased weight (31 -> 34) and decreased topspeed (160 -> 140)

Changes between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2
_ Fixed missing images on 70 and 90 kmph road bridges
_ Fixed a minor shading problem on 110 kmph road bridge
_ Fixed missing images on canal bridge
_ Updated scenarios "produce cars" (was "cars") and "trammadness"
_ Added ny911's headquarters

Changes between 2.5.0 and 2.5.1
_ Fixed missing images on rail/road bridges/tunnels.
_ Fixed tennis court appearing outside of cities (missing build_time parameter)

Changes since previous stable version (2.3.0)
_ Everything adapted to half height tiles/soft slopes
_ Electrifications of tracks and trams completely updated with new complete sets of catenaries and third rails by Gwalch and me
_ New train stations by Fabio and me
_ Change in trains'graphics : tracks and trains lowered of four pixels (to ground level)
_ monorail tracks prices divided by two (first step to a finer economical balancing)
_ added some French trams from Gwalch
_ various bugfixes
_ added some of Areus'traffic lights

Todo (upcoming changes)
_ Underground train stations
_ Many buildings still miss snowy images
_ A finer economical balancing, especially for monorail and planes.

Please report ANY bugs or suggestions, even if an object is just ugly to you ;)

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Fabio

Great job! Thank you all!

By the way, I tried to stick it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonu

Great!
A little bug: Tennis court doesn't appear near the cities

Zeno

gauthier

EDIT : _ added some of Areus'traffic lights

QuoteA little bug: Tennis court doesn't appear near the cities
I'm fixing this tonight, thanks for reporting :)

Sarlock

Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

gauthier

In fact there are still many bugs on roads Gwalch just reported on the French board, there's also a bug on the 400 km/h rail bridge that I fixed but the fix disappeared when I struggled with SVN. There will be another upload soon (in one or two weeks) with these bugs fixed.

gauthier

DOWNLOAD pak128 2.5.1 (96 MB) for Simutrans RC 120 and higher

Changes between 2.5.0 and 2.5.1
_ Fixed missing images on rail/road bridges/tunnels.
_ Fixed tennis court appearing outside of cities (missing build_time parameter)

Beder

What's the difference between the openpaks of the nightly builds of simutrans and the 2.5.1? Any huge changes or are the nightly builds just the newer ones?

Markohs

I tested this pak yesterday and it's great! Thanks for your work.

Zeno

Quote from: Beder on October 06, 2014, 09:50:21 PM
Any huge changes or are the nightly builds just the newer ones?
The nightly will include latest changes (actually is the dev weekly build), which due to the recent release won't be really a lot at the moment.

Good job gauthier, thanks for those fixes.

DeznekCZ

Hello,
   that's a great jump to better simulation of transportation. Can i ask, can a mapgenerator use primary greater slope? I thing that can be better. Player would have to solve this problem for "road_130" and "road_200". Only idea.

Bug: From year 1969 use intercity roads a type "road_50". I saw the simuconfig.tab a there isn't problem.

Thanks, DeznekCZ
Official facebook page
My page of all creations for all my know software.

gauthier

QuoteBug: From year 1969 use intercity roads a type "road_50".
Can't reproduce this bug, from 1969 the intercity road is the 90 km/h one.

QuotePlayer would have to solve this problem for "road_130" and "road_200". Only idea.
What problem are you talking about ?

QuoteWhat's the difference between the openpaks of the nightly builds of simutrans and the 2.5.1 ? Any huge changes or are the nightly builds just the newer ones?
Nightly builds are compiled automatically at regular periods (every week according to Zeno) directly from the SVN repository which we, pak maintainers, work on directly. Using these you are sure to get the latest changes although you are not sure to get a stable release. It's the same with Simutrans itself but it is compiled every day.

QuoteGood job gauthier, thanks for those fixes.
You are welcome ;)

Now I'm planning to make some underground stations. Mega was okay with adapting his metro stations to the new rail graphics but he has been too busy to do it.
I also think about making elevated ways/tunnels/bridges for ways which still miss them.

I can't talk about a release date now, it depends on the free time and motivation I have, and if other creators can help ...

Anyway, please, PLEASE, report ANY bug/glitch/problem you find, and thanks for your feedback  :D

Vladki

Deznek probably wanted to say that if the generated map would contain more steep slopes than half slopes then it would be more challenging to build fast roads - more terraforming needed. I dont know if this csn be tuned somehow in the map generation dialogue.

Sent using recycled electrons.

DeznekCZ

Quote from: Vladki on October 07, 2014, 06:48:03 PM
Deznek probably wanted to say that if the generated map would contain more steep slopes than half slopes then it would be more challenging to build fast roads - more terraforming needed. I dont know if this csn be tuned somehow in the map generation dialogue.

Sent using recycled electrons.

Thanks, the terraforming.

To BUG:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgzz4d7a2i0036k/Screenshot%202014-10-07%2023.07.46.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/29h7gfx245qhc0c/Screenshot%202014-10-07%2023.08.14.png?dl=0

In simuconf.tab is set, but the game build false roadtype.
Official facebook page

gauthier

Sorry but I can't reproduce your bug, in 2009, 2010 and 2011, I get 90 km/h intercity roads. What version of Simutrans do you have ?

DeznekCZ

Official facebook page

gauthier

I have the same version ... this is really odd. Try downloading another release here.

Does anyone else have this bug ?

Djohaal

Sweet! A great step for pak128!
I love the new terrain textures, look so much better!

Bugs I found so far:

1: the town road (road-50, the one with sidewalks and middle white line) half-height slope sprite isn't properly aligned.

2: Canal bridge sprite not adapted for half-slopes.

3: While you are at it with the monrail rebalance, what about setting the speed limit for all 3 types of monorail to flat 150 km/h? A bit pointless to have some monorail vehicles that can't run at full speed because we don't have proper rails for them.

4: Wide to narrow canal transitions are needed.

I'm a bit sad the maglevs now will need some adaptation love to run on the new versions though. I might try adapting them if I have spare time.

Building train bridges with this new half-height system is a bit awkward and needs a bunch of terraforming to build a bridge with an usable height gap. Is there some secret way of building bridges with two tiles of ramp (so their effective gap is one Z-level)?

Also unrelated to pak128 but somewhat related, considering the ever-increasing number of upgrades for roads and rails, is there some "fast" way of replacing rails I never heard of? I usually have to lay them all again by hand, can't seem to find a keyboard shortcut to only replace them.

DrSuperGood

QuoteAlso unrelated to pak128 but somewhat related, considering the ever-increasing number of upgrades for roads and rails, is there some "fast" way of replacing rails I never heard of? I usually have to lay them all again by hand, can't seem to find a keyboard shortcut to only replace them.
Unfortunately that is a major lacking feature with the game itself. Experimental suffers most from this where lines physically are obsoleted by newer types (less maintenance, higher speed/load).

Djohaal

I think that'd be a good development priority. I mean the search code is already there for placing electrification, only needs a slight* adjustment to allow replacing tracks.

*Well of course it never is a small mater of coding, someone who knows the trunk codebase might verify my guess if it is a complex thing or not.

gauthier

Quote1: the town road (road-50, the one with sidewalks and middle white line) half-height slope sprite isn't properly aligned.
2: Canal bridge sprite not adapted for half-slopes.
4: Wide to narrow canal transitions are needed.
We will work on that for next release.

Quote3: While you are at it with the monrail rebalance, what about setting the speed limit for all 3 types of monorail to flat 150 km/h? A bit pointless to have some monorail vehicles that can't run at full speed because we don't have proper rails for them.
Indeed monorail needs more work. I thought about making one or two new tracks ... anyway, this will be done for next release too.

QuoteI'm a bit sad the maglevs now will need some adaptation love to run on the new versions though. I might try adapting them if I have spare time.
If you are talking about MLM dev., this needs a major update (nicer graphics, economical balance, and so on ...) although I don't know when I will have time to do it. However, in the meantime, if you can add half slopes to it, I will send you the source files of the tracks.

QuoteBuilding train bridges with this new half-height system is a bit awkward and needs a bunch of terraforming to build a bridge with an usable height gap. Is there some secret way of building bridges with two tiles of ramp (so their effective gap is one Z-level)?
No, there's no such magical secret. Bridge ramps are not designed to run on several tiles, so you have to terraform though it's a good suggestion for coders.

Djohaal

If you could mail me the MLM.dev sources I'd gladly try to adapt them or even continue developing it and/or the tall buildings.
I might also refurbish the french production chains, they are dreadfully outdated.
They are available at the SNFOS site but not on a way that is easily downloadable (gotta download one file at the time, annoying job)

gwalch

What is wrong with french production chains ? I don't see :o
French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...

Djohaal

They weren't updated for the "new" passenger and mail boost mechanics, and some of them show up with internal name strings. I really like some concepts of it like the produce market tho. (it's also a very cute painting)

gauthier

I just remembered that sources of MLM dev. (and tall buildings too) are on graphics.simutrans, go here. However, this project should not remain suspended for a long time now, I just want to make some TGVs and metros before going back to work on MLM, so please don't make too big changes.
Industries are from Gwalch and Mega, so you have to talk with Gwalch.

Djohaal

Yeah my first idea is to adapt MLM to the half-slopes. Then maybe give the tunnels some love, or render some new vehicles for it.

VS

Guys, this is still going... awesome :D

Thanks for all the work, and good luck!

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

DOWNLOAD pak128 2.5.2 (92 MB) for Simutrans RC 120 and higher

/!\ RC 120 contains many bugs, it is advised to download a nightly build here.

Changes between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2
_ Fixed missing images on 70 and 90 kmph road bridges
_ Fixed a minor shading problem on 110 kmph road bridge
_ Fixed missing images on canal bridge
_ Updated scenarios "produce cars" (was "cars") and "trammadness"
_ Added ny911's headquarters

The soft slopes graphics I added for road and canal bridges are a quick'n dirty pixel-art workaround, a deeper work on roads and canal will be needed.

gauthier

As said here:

I apologize to people who tried to load 2.3.0 savegame with 2.5.x because I was not aware of two things :
_ compat.tab to ensure conversion between old removed objects and new ones (I thought the game was doing this by itself but I was wrong).
_ name of some objects changed between 2.3.0 and 2.5.0 (things like "rail_track_xxx_x" to "rail_xxx_x" or "road_xxx_x" to "highway_xxx_x").

I did a quick fix to compat.tab so you can load your old 2.3.0 savegames with a 2.5.x pak128 (but beware of full slopes -> half slopes conversion !). This fix is in pak128 r1501 (should be available soon as a nightly build).

DeznekCZ

SOMETHING'S WRONG!!
I tested play with more AI players and factory doesn't load a stations for distributing. Can be a bug in engine WinGDI?
Official facebook page

DrSuperGood

QuoteI tested play with more AI players and factory doesn't load a stations for distributing. Can be a bug in engine WinGDI?
No the graphics API should not cause any such bug to occur.

What version of Simutrans are you using? The latest nightly has had a massive change to factory code (including how goods are distributed) so it is possible that there is some error with distribution that was not picked up during my debugging.

Could you post the save file with the error? It is hard to tell if it is a pakset issue or a game engine issue from what you have posted. This is important because they are completely different parts of the game and the bug report goes to different places.

What does AI have to do with the bug? Is the AI trying to link 2 non-connected factories? Is Simutrans AI even working still?

gauthier

Indeed this is a game bug report, not related to pak128. Please make a proper bug report in the right section (including the number of the version you are playing with), or if an admin could move these posts ...

Parachute

Quote from: gauthier on September 21, 2014, 08:23:17 PM
_ Electrifications of tracks and trams completely updated with new complete sets of catenaries and third rails by Gwalch and me
_ Change in trains'graphics : tracks and trains lowered of four pixels (to ground level)
So every train-addon for the "old" Pak128 is out of alignment now, if I understand?