News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

A way to increase passenger numbers?

Started by Sir_Tramalot, December 19, 2015, 10:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir_Tramalot

Is there a way to increase the number of passenger numbers, from the low numbers in this to high numbers, such as in PAK.128 Britain Experimental. Part of me is telling me that there is a setting somewhere, but I really do not know. Thanks in advance, Tramalot.
Sittingbourne and Kemsley Light Railway: Keeping the spirit of Bowaters Paper alive.

DrSuperGood

Allow your cities to develop more and connect more attractions/houses. You will quickly find there being too many passengers to transport.

TurfIt

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Also, it sounds like this might be a good case for switching to Public Service and manually increasing the city size - look for the button :)

Quakke

If you manually increase the city size, do think of two things:
(1) Do I want the city to grow just in population?
(2) Do I want to grow the city in both population, and size?

If (2), then do as Isaac suggests.
If (1), then in public service mode: (a) set map mode to city limits, (b) destroy outside road connections until they're out of the city limit, (c) build some rail line (I use narrow gauge) around the maximum extent of the city, (d) grow city to the pop size you like; now the buildings will level up, and the city won't spread outside of the rail line border you just created, (e) remove this rail line, (f) re-attach outside road connections.