[nettool] Using "announce" crashes Simutrans server

Started by Michael 'Cruzer', September 29, 2014, 11:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael 'Cruzer'

Simutrans revision:
7332 (POSIX build)

Nettool revision:

Issue:
Sending "announce" to server always crashes the server. (Even if you use the wrong password!)

Crash log (Simutrans):

Warning: network_check_activity(): received cmd id=11 nwc_service_t from socket[6]
sim-r7331: simworld.cc:6930: void karte_t::announce_server(int): Assertion `env_t::server && env_t::server_announce' failed.
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

prissi

nettool overrides the no annoucement setting. I removed the assertion and allowed this.

However, I would like to have a comment from people using private servers, if that is what they really want.

Ters

It doesn't sound nice that it is possible to get as far as the reported assert without a correct password in any case.

Michael 'Cruzer'

Quote from: prissi on September 30, 2014, 09:08:35 PM
nettool overrides the no annoucement setting. I removed the assertion and allowed this.

However, I would like to have a comment from people using private servers, if that is what they really want.
I'm sorry, I don't have any idea why I should manually call "announce" when it does automatically anyway (or not if I don't want so).
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.