News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

City growth

Started by Eekizz, November 06, 2014, 10:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eekizz

Hi, I've been playing older versions of simutrans and now i'm having some problems with new pak128. I like to play with map with small cities, which grow when I improve my transportations. When cities grow, they can't build any bridges, why? And when I tried to make more sea, this ground decreasing tool just made hole below sealevel, how can I add sea?

Sincerely Eekizz

DrSuperGood

QuoteWhen cities grow, they can't build any bridges, why?
Might be related to the double heights code. Bridges were altered for double bridge height. Personally I find towns far too reluctant to make bridges and it is irritating that they do not take ownership of them from players when inside the town boundaries connected with town road (bridges are expensive...).

QuoteAnd when I tried to make more sea, this ground decreasing tool just made hole below sealevel, how can I add sea?
Sea level is no longer coupled with terrain height. Now it is kind of a climate type which fits on top of the terrain. This means that mountain top lakes and below sea level construction is possible.

To make more water there should be a "water" tool in the terraforming tools similar to how it is in pak64. However last time I played pak128 I noticed this tool was lacking and it has been reported several times.

Are you sure you are using the latest version of pak128? From the pak128 forums? It is possible these issues were already fixed.

Eekizz

Hi,

In this picture I have both my problems. Tried to manually grow city and it just can't make any bridges over that river. And tried to make larger sea and it allows me to make that weird lake below sealevel. And yes, I'm using pak128 2.5.1 and it latest version I found.

http://imgur.com/KCPsYtq

gauthier

Both problems are code-related, not pakset-related, so this is a general bug report. Keep in mind that half heights and climate stuff are still in experimental stage. We try to keep pak128 as up to date as we can but we can't fix problems related to the game itself.

QuoteTo make more water there should be a "water" tool in the terraforming tools similar to how it is in pak64. However last time I played pak128 I noticed this tool was lacking and it has been reported several times.
I just downloaded pak64 to see what you are talking about. Indeed there is a set-climate-to-water tool in the terraforming tools. Such tool is present in pak128 since 2.5.0.

DrSuperGood

QuoteSuch tool is present in pak128 since 2.5.0.
This means that if the tool is not present for him he must be using an old version of the pakset.

I would recommend currently using a nightly build combined with the latest version of pak128. RC120 has a number of critical bugs in it that have been resolved over the past few months.