News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

power lines along a road to pak128, it is possible?

Started by sheldon_cooper, November 15, 2014, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldon_cooper

power lines along a road is very interesting for simutrans. This already exists, but to pak64, see:

For pak64 the installation of power lines along the road is made in this way:

I tried to do this method in pak128 by using normal power towers, to see if the energy came in the factory, even her passing on the promenade ...

observe that even with the change, the factory continues to receive energy normally. it would be very interesting, since we could use the power lines on roads to transport the energy to a factory in the city. :)

Spacethingy

Another idea could be to use a graphic like manhole covers to make it look like under-road cables, if you don't need to go into fully underground cables.
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

gauthier

The idea of having powerlines along roads is interesting but the process described here looks like using a bug. Furthermore powerlines found along roads are usually of a lower voltage than regular powerlines. This could be an extension request for the game itself.

Spenk009

Quote from: gauthier on November 16, 2014, 11:39:38 AM
The idea of having powerlines along roads is interesting but the process described here looks like using a bug. Furthermore powerlines found along roads are usually of a lower voltage than regular powerlines. This could be an extension request for the game itself.

Do you mean supplying electricity to houses and the like? While a nice idea, I don't see it contributing positively to game play at all (they should either be everywhere or nowhere).

sheldon_cooper: You could paint them yourself and see how being a painter is. Taking the Original graphics and adapting them slightly shouldn't be too difficult.

gauthier

No, I just meant having powerlines that could be built on roads, but they would still feed only industries (indeed that would not be so usefull).

sheldon_cooper

Quote from: Spenk009 on November 16, 2014, 03:19:48 PM
Do you mean supplying electricity to houses and the like? While a nice idea, I don't see it contributing positively to game play at all (they should either be everywhere or nowhere).

sheldon_cooper: You could paint them yourself and see how being a painter is. Taking the Original graphics and adapting them slightly shouldn't be too difficult.
wanted to do this addons for me would be helpful, as have many companies in the city, but unfortunately do not know addons, so I'm waiting for a cool person who provides to make these addons. ;D

Quote from: gauthier on November 16, 2014, 09:35:00 PM
No, I just meant having powerlines that could be built on roads, but they would still feed only industries (indeed that would not be so usefull).
I have many industries located in the city, which energy the need to for better production. The industrial increases the production when there is electrical power being supplied, increasing productivity and not letting missing products to be transported (or at least lessens this), Thus the company was not going to have affected financial profit negatively.

Isaac Eiland-Hall