News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Alternative to donations: If you need web hosting.

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, October 07, 2014, 06:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

In case anyone wanted to support the server, but wanted something in return; or in case anyone needed business-class hosting...

My business is designing websites and hosting them. I normally only host for sites I design; but I've opened it up a little bit over the past year or so; I'm hosting sites designed by a semi-partner.

Now I'm going one step further and opening up to members of the Simutrans community.

Details are simple - cPanel hosting with Softaculous; it's full-featured hosting. No BS.

$40/yr or $4/mo gets you 250MB storage + 10GB/mo transfer.

$70/yr or $7/mo gets you 1.25GB storage + 25GB/mo transfer.

I don't put limits on features - unlimited email, ftp accounts, databases, etc. It's a matter of how much resources are used.

There is one limit that is hard to explain and comprehend: CPU. Your account is limited to 1/8th of the CPU at any given time. But to speak in layman's terms: The Simutrans forum has that same limit and has never reached it in the several months I've had that capability. So for any normal website running even forum or Wordpress, you should be more than okay.

If you're interested, send me a PM, or let me know here and I'll send you a PM. Invoices are sent via email, and may be paid via paypal (which itself accepts most credit cards and debit cards without signing up for an account). International customers welcome.

Questions? Ask below or in a PM. :)