News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

simuconf.tab and custom buttons

Started by Moe Ron, January 05, 2015, 08:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moe Ron

I'm wondering if the simuconf file for experimental versions, such as the 11.33, can be reused in future versions, or would one need to edit the file in the new version to fit their preferences? Not to mention, I've noticed that you can't simply hit the simuconf.tab button when making a new map and editing the settings, which leads to constant editing of the individual settings. How can this be remedied?

I also remember that it was said that you could make an enhanced version of a button, such as the population increase/decrease buttons, where you could edit the value of its effect. How would one do so?

jamespetts

The buttons are defined in menuconf.tab, which comes with a pakset. The graphics are stored in .png files and are compiled with makeobj-experimental to make .pak files which are then read.

As for re-using simuconf.tab, the next major release will have lots of new settings, but you could always keep a copy of your old simuconf.tab file and copy over the customisations that you have made in that.

I am not sure what you mean by the "simuconf.tab" button here: do you mean the settings dialogue accessible with the "i" key in Pak128.Britian-Ex?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Moe Ron

http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/MisterELegal/media/Screenshot_2_zps02b1c1c7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

The simuconf.tab button located in the upper left corner can't be used in the experimental, and I'm wondering if there is a way to allow usage, so that I don't have to change every input when making a new game.

jamespetts

I had forgotten about that - I cannot remember even what that does in Standard, but I remember that it was very problematic trying to make it work for Experimental, which is why I disabled it, if I recall correctly.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Moe Ron

Alrighty then. And, just to avoid making another thread, I'd like to ask if half-height tiles will ever be added to experimental versions of simutrans.

jamespetts

Yes, this is already in the works for the next major release.