News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Bored programmer

Started by Markohs, December 28, 2014, 06:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Could they not simply be set to ownerless so that anyone can delete them after a year instead?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ters

Quote from: DrSuperGood on December 31, 2014, 09:56:36 PM
In the current pak64 server game I have noticed an issue regarding public stops. Currently public stops can only be deleted by the public service provider player making them hazards. Additionally public service provider players might not be available or want to go around the map deleting public stops placed there for various reasons (I am guessing either someone trying to abuse free maintenance or who does not understand their purpose).

Something was done related to this this year (still 2014 for me).

Sybill

I have an old wish, that was mentioned in the german forum before: more positions for signals!

It is very hard for a pakset designer to make nice looking signals without separate positions for slopes, especially when your way graphics is a bit uncommon.

mad_genius

Bored programmers are advised not to read this thread in case they want to remain bored. :D :D :D :D

Let me add one more small request that was first mentioned a while ago. Having the option to choose the city list to use on the "New Game" dialog instead of having the city list dependent of the game language selected in the "options" menu.

I'm currently trying to learn the Simutrans code, on my limited free time, in an attempt to implement this feature but it's taking much longer than what I expected initially. If someone wants to have a go at this feature feel free to go for it.
I don't care if the credits for this feature go to me or anybody else. The important thing to me is to improve the game the best we can for the whole comunity to have more and more fun playing it.

Ters

Quote from: mad_genius on January 04, 2015, 11:31:21 AM
Let me add one more small request that was first mentioned a while ago. Having the option to choose the city list to use on the "New Game" dialog instead of having the city list dependent of the game language selected in the "options" menu.

The biggest issue here is game portability. It is possible to create cities after map creation as well, and these cities should also use the same city name list (although there is a chance that players want to manually name these). The first idea can then be to store the name of the city name list file in the save game, but then there is a problem if the game is sent to someone else that doesn't have that file. This problem is similar to the dependency on pak sets, or perhaps more like add-on paks, since there aren't that many different pak sets. One just have to consider if it's a good idea to introduce another dependency that players must upload when sending in a save game for debugging. The dependency can be avoided by saving the city name list in the save game, just like the settings, but this makes it more difficult to add more names to the list after the game has been started.

IgorEliezer

Since we almost managed to derail Markohs' topic (he and his minions are too strong), all posts related to rendering multiple Blender files, after this post, were split to this topic: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=14279.0, in 3D Modeling board.