News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

HI! I cant launch Simutrans Experimental on Win7 x64, I had installed vscredist.

Started by dreamerrrr, February 15, 2015, 09:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamerrrr

HI! I cant launch Simutrans Experimental on Win7 x64, I had installed vscredist, but its unusual and system writes nothing, and there is no antivirus problems, system doing nothing... OH, and tell me how can i install britain 128 pak?

Ters

Simutrans Experimental is a somewhat different game from Simutrans Standard with it's own developer team. You should report this bug on the board for Simutrans Experimental.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

James, if you can't move this topic to the board you'd like it to be on, lemme know and I will.

dreamerrrr, welcome to the forum, but wow, you didn't need to post this FIVE times. I've locked two of your three English topics, eliminated the double-post (identical, no less) in this thread, thus leaving ONE English and one Russian topic open.

Please be patient, we're a small community.

As far as installation goes for a pak - most pak files are compressed with a "Simutrans" folder inside to make it easy. All you should have to do is extract the pak into the same folder as your Simutrans folder and it should all go to the right place.

However, here's how it's structured:

./simutrans/[pak]

That is, put the pak folder inside the simutrans folder, and you should be good to go.

dreamerrrr

Quote from: Ters on February 15, 2015, 10:34:17 AM
Simutrans Experimental is a somewhat different game from Simutrans Standard with it's own developer team. You should report this bug on the board for Simutrans Experimental.

ok thanks, but how can i report about my bug to sim experimental developers?

jamespetts

Ahh, I think that I missed this until now: my apologies.

Dreamerrrr, can you confirm what version of Simutrans-Experimental that you are using, what you do to try to run it, and exactly what happens when you try? If you tell me these things, it will help me to solve your problem. I am sorry that you are having trouble.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

dreamerrrr

I am using the last version, and i tried to run it without britain pack, i tried to run Simutrans-Experimental-x64 and Simutrans-Experimental exe files but it does nothing, a black window appears and quickly disappears...

jamespetts

Ahh, you won't be able to run Simutrans-Experimental without a pakset. May I recommend that you download and unpack into a suitable directory the complete package of Simutrans-Experimental and pakset together, which can be downloaded here, as this will make it easier to set up.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

dreamerrrr

thank you very much! I have downloaded Sim from Your link and it works!!! I have the last question:is pak128.Britain.1.16-120-0 is fresher than pack Britain ex 091 ?

jamespetts

Splendid! Glad that you have it working.

pak128.Britain.1.16-120-0 is a Standard pakset, so will not have all the features of Experimental. It may be a little newer than the latest Experimental version, though.

dreamerrrr

Ok thanks, and can you tell me how can I increase the population quickly, more than game menu lets only in 100 people of one mouse push?=)

jamespetts

There is no way of increasing the population more than this per click in the GUI - I generally just press the mouse button many times if I want a rapid increase in a city.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

The only way I know to get a very very large city with a little work is to start a new game and adjust the citizens in the new game dialogue. But be aware that affects the size of all new cities started in that game...

dreamerrrr

Maybe, the gamt has something like blocknote document, where is possible change 100 to 1000 of the increasing function?...

jamespetts

Sarlock

Open your menuconf.tab file in your /config folder for your pakset.

Near the bottom you'll find an area like this:

# editor tools
toolbar[11][0]=general_tool[10],22,,+100
toolbar[11][1]=general_tool[10],23,,-100

Just change the +100 to +1000, +10000 or even +100000.  Just be careful, the city growth sucks a lot of computer power at large levels (like 100,000) and if your city lacks the room to expand, I've had it hang the system for a long period.  It's a very fast way to grow large cities.  Be sure to click it one at a time and wait for it to finish the growth cycle.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

dreamerrrr

Thank you all very very very much!!! I will try this. And how about tunnels? Has the game much easier ways o build it? I cant build long tunnels through whole city=(

----------------

oh  i have another problem, i cant fix config file for change increasing function in standart simutrans game in wordpad, system writes access denied... i tried to put administrator rights but its nothing changes.

p.s. config file works beatiful in simutrans experimental, but this game i think more resousable, and game crashed over 9 000 000, but in standart game i think city can be increased more than 15 000 000... an i wanna try it=)

and i have a new question=)  how can i make what in the game only with one city, this city was with skyscrapers? i noticed, when a map has 2 or more cities, that cities has high buildings in their centers, but it hasnt one city. and how can i make a city automatically develop whith several buildings whithout transportation development as for experimental and as for standart games, because  i dont like same buildings everywhere in a city, and whatching youtube videos i saw many several beautiful buildings =)

jamespetts

What exactly is your problem with the tunnels - what happens when you try to build them? Have you tried building a tunnel entrance on its own (CTRL+click) and then, in underground mode (SHIFT+U) laying the remaining tunnel in sections?

I am afraid that I do not understand the first paragraph of your second post, but, if this relates to Standard, may I suggest that you post a new topic in the Help Centre board?

As to your last paragraph, I am afraid that I am having trouble following your meaning. Could you rephrase?

dreamerrrr

I made the new topc for standart game of my question. about tunnel building - i will try to make it using keyboard commands

-----------------

Oh and i think the game has problem of name-generator for cities - it cant give indefinitely quantoty of names

jamespetts

I don't understand what you mean about the name generator, I am afraid; can you be more specific?

dreamerrrr

City New Handler error, game can do only a fixed number of cities and no more, and i dont see russian letters in a city names, only abracadabra. and other problem is i cant generate a population more than 9 000 000 citizens, the game is crashes.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

dreamerrrr, please do not double-post. I have now corrected you twice on this and sent you two moderator warnings.

jamespetts

I'm still not understanding you. Can you give precise, step-by-step instructions to reproduce each error?

dreamerrrr

Quote from: jamespetts on February 23, 2015, 11:41:50 PM
I'm still not understanding you. Can you give precise, step-by-step instructions to reproduce each error?

1) for example, when i try to create a biggest map with 999 cities, game writes an error City New Handler and crashes.

2) when i try to increase a population of a city more than 7 000 000, windows writes what the game doesnt work and advise to close it...

3) what can i do to make for loading cities with high buildings?, it was in beginning of gaming, but now, cities as one as several, loads without skyscrapers even after increasing population function

4) has britain pack many buildings or i need to download it separately? and where can i find roads 2x2, 3x3 and avenus?

Quote from: jamespetts on February 22, 2015, 08:57:23 PM
What exactly is your problem with the tunnels - what happens when you try to build them? Have you tried building a tunnel entrance on its own (CTRL+click) and then, in underground mode (SHIFT+U) laying the remaining tunnel in sections?

I am afraid that I do not understand the first paragraph of your second post, but, if this relates to Standard, may I suggest that you post a new topic in the Help Centre board?

As to your last paragraph, I am afraid that I am having trouble following your meaning. Could you rephrase?

tunnel is working beautiful thank you!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I have merged YET ANOTHER double post of yours, and you have yet to acknowledge my warnings. Your posting rights have been removed. Contact me to let me know you have received my warnings and will cease double-posting and I will restore your posting rights.