News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Hamburg needs to work to make its trains accessible

Started by sdog, April 29, 2015, 10:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ters

So it isn't just to prevent people from exiting the train at the wrong side?

Flemmbrav

I just wanted to try this in Simutrans - but there where no reference at all, so... - but hey, at the end of the day i have my train  :)

pumuckl999

If you walk through a large city, you will see every month more new buildings, as cars with stones to build them. Now you know, why.

Please call the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg, they are missing stones to finish that building since years...

Spacethingy

link

How much did that weigh?! Didn't the driver notice his train was leaning?!
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

sdog

There was damage done, but in this case it is outweighed by the artistic aspects. Hamburg can't get an ad campaign with such a reach for this amount of money, if at all. If they are smart and remove it carefully they ought to get perhaps a fifth of the damages back by auctioning it.

What i do not understand though, an empty concrete wall that was accesible to the public, in Hamburg, for more than an hour: Why is it still blank? Too early for sprayers?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Haha, this made the rounds on reddit, too. Hilarious, but also facepalm-worthy...

And it's a trend now - in 2010, someone spray-painted doors on two windows, and windows on the doors on a train in Germany. lol.

railworker

A hilarious prank.

Quote from: Spacethingy on April 30, 2015, 09:41:29 PM
link

How much did that weigh?! Didn't the driver notice his train was leaning?!
Well as far as I understood they didn't use "normal" bricks but porous concrete (Ytong). These weigh less than ordinary bricks.

Quote from: sdog on May 01, 2015, 02:20:09 AM
There was damage done, but in this case it is outweighed by the artistic aspects. Hamburg can't get an ad campaign with such a reach for this amount of money, if at all.
hmm yes there is a saying "any publicity is good publicity" but would the publicity change anything? Commuters either use the S-Bahn Hamburg, or they don't, no matter if some guys brick up a door or not.

sdog

Quote from: railworker on May 01, 2015, 03:39:24 PM
hmm yes there is a saying "any publicity is good publicity" but would the publicity change anything? Commuters either use the S-Bahn Hamburg, or they don't, no matter if some guys brick up a door or not.

Not so much for the S-Bahn, but for the city itself. Hamburg is building a reputation of being one of the best places to stay when one wants a very active social and cultural life. I'd certainly turn down a job in a very boring city (say Darmstadt) in favour of a lower paying one in Wien, Berlin, or Hamburg.